Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Small plastic box for car keyfob?

On Sat, 21 Jan 2017 14:32:02 -0000, "tim..."
wrote:

We are talking about the distance a car remote works so only a few
yards and I don't leave the windows open for hours just a few minutes
before we set off, any one wishing to take it would be doing so in
full view for most occasions

you think, that people don't steal things, just because they are in full
view

I assure you it happens frequently (relative to the number of thefts, that
is)

tim

We aren't talking about things that will include phones,laptops,
handbags , clothes and all sort of small quickly removed items,
This discussion is about cars which cannot be removed by a toe rag
rushing past a cafe table and lifting a small item as they do so and
disappearing out of sight amongst a crowd , down the tube or away on a
skateboard.

You can keep up scenarios to justify your paranoia as long as you
like, it's so quiet here that only about a dozen people walk by a day
and most of them are people I know walking dogs with anybody else
standing out. Nottingham Knockers get seen off before they even get to
the door.

Now if I wish to I can after lowering the Windows relock the doors .
The only difference between that and leaving the car locked with
windows up as a car is normally parked is the thickness of a glass
window, in both situations the would be thief still has to get past
immobliser and start the car to take it away wether they gain access
by a window I have opened or one they have smashed.
The tiny chance that they have the means to do while I am a few yards
and if I were to see them approaching and entering about 15secs away
is a risk I am happy to live with , it is far less than leaving it
completely unattended for hours on end in a car park where if a thief
was so desired they could just smash the window and then get working
on starting it .

Life's too short to worry about the bogeyman getting you all the time
although I suppose some people have to live in areas where they need
to worry, others just worry because they have an ism , OCD or
something.

G.Harman