Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJ PJ is offline

Default Screwfix radiators - small plastic clips query.

Screwfix radiators (and probably all others) are supplied with a small
plastic bag containing wall fixing screws and plugs, bleed valve and
blank plug plus four small plastic clips. Could anyone enlighten me as
to the function of these clips and how they are to be fitted?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
PJ writes:
Screwfix radiators (and probably all others) are supplied with a small
plastic bag containing wall fixing screws and plugs, bleed valve and
blank plug plus four small plastic clips. Could anyone enlighten me as
to the function of these clips and how they are to be fitted?

I've never bought a screwfix radiator, but they may be intended
to go on the mounting brackets to avoid metal to metal contact,
which has the potential to make a ticking noise as the radiator
expands and contracts.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJ PJ is offline

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
PJ writes:
Screwfix radiators (and probably all others) are supplied with a small
plastic bag containing wall fixing screws and plugs, bleed valve and
blank plug plus four small plastic clips. Could anyone enlighten me as
to the function of these clips and how they are to be fitted?

I've never bought a screwfix radiator, but they may be intended
to go on the mounting brackets to avoid metal to metal contact,
which has the potential to make a ticking noise as the radiator
expands and contracts.

Thank you, Andrew, I would never have thought of that. I considered that
they might fix the side or top panels more securely but could not
determine how. Your idea seems to be more sensible and I will try tomorrow.
PJ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

PJ wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
PJ writes:
Screwfix radiators (and probably all others) are supplied with a
small plastic bag containing wall fixing screws and plugs, bleed
valve and blank plug plus four small plastic clips. Could anyone
enlighten me as to the function of these clips and how they are to
be fitted?

I've never bought a screwfix radiator, but they may be intended
to go on the mounting brackets to avoid metal to metal contact,
which has the potential to make a ticking noise as the radiator
expands and contracts.

Thank you, Andrew, I would never have thought of that. I considered
that they might fix the side or top panels more securely but could not
determine how. Your idea seems to be more sensible and I will try
tomorrow. PJ

Andrew is dead right, they go on the brackets.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PJ PJ is offline

The Medway Handyman wrote:
PJ wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
PJ writes:
Screwfix radiators (and probably all others) are supplied with a
small plastic bag containing wall fixing screws and plugs, bleed
valve and blank plug plus four small plastic clips. Could anyone
enlighten me as to the function of these clips and how they are to
be fitted?
I've never bought a screwfix radiator, but they may be intended
to go on the mounting brackets to avoid metal to metal contact,
which has the potential to make a ticking noise as the radiator
expands and contracts.

Thank you, Andrew, I would never have thought of that. I considered
that they might fix the side or top panels more securely but could not
determine how. Your idea seems to be more sensible and I will try
tomorrow. PJ

Andrew is dead right, they go on the brackets.

Thank you for the three replies. I will now fit them tomorrow.
PJ