Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast

Default Clock Radios

On Wed, 11 Jan 2017 07:19:19 +0000, Chris J Dixon
wrote:
alan_m wrote:

I have a projection (Red LED) clock that displays the time on my

bedroom
ceiling. Its much easier to see than a bedside clock.

That very much depends upon your eyesight.

I used to have one, but the hassle of having to put on my glasses (to
correct short sight) to see the time removed most of the convenience.
Fortunately I sleep wearing a watch with luminous hands.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
Very true. The intensity of the characters is very much less than
decent LED - even on a white wall.

I suspect focus might be more of a problem

Not so much with a laser.

The ability of the user to focus on the ceiling when not wearing contact
lenses or glasses.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast

On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 19:14:26 -0000, "Dave W"
wrote:

It's recently dawned on me that wall-warts don't have replaceable

fuses, or
maybe they have no fuses at all. That is not in the spirit of 13A

plugs
which all have fuses. Granted they're to stop the wire burning up,

but it
doesn't surprise me that some wall-warts burn. It would be prudent

not to
have them powered up when unattended.

Don't they have thermal cutouts?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
alan_m wrote:

I have a projection (Red LED) clock that displays the time on my

bedroom
ceiling. Its much easier to see than a bedside clock.

That very much depends upon your eyesight.

I used to have one, but the hassle of having to put on my glasses (to
correct short sight) to see the time removed most of the convenience.
Fortunately I sleep wearing a watch with luminous hands.

Quite. I wear contact lenses to correct 'long' sight and astigmatism, and
the only thing that works for me is nice large characters on the alarm at
night. Even a well lit analogue alarm isn't much use as a hand can (near)
disappear due to the astigmatism. ;-)

Those with 'short' sight are actually lucky. At least there are still some
things in focus without correction. ;-)

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 11 January 2017 11:27:11 UTC, Judith wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jan 2017 20:49:33 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

snip

It is still working in my garage right now as you can see here and it is -5C.

It's -5C in your garage???

Bloody hell - what is it outside?

2C - I HAVE MY FRIDGE ON FULL BLAST WITH THE DOOR OPEN TO KEEP MY HOME BREW COLD.