Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dyson DC24 pcb.

My mother's Dyson DC24 brushbar motor has died and clearly all is not well
with the pcb that supplies it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xjc6jvh71...qdzRNo0Ga?dl=0

Does this look repairable and if so, who would be able to do it in Glasgow?

I only really want it as a spare as fortunately the brushbar was replaced
11 months ago as part of a major service and is still under warranty.

Haven't had any luck finding just the pcb as a spare on line. Interesting,
the previous design of pcb had a resettable thermal cut out (that this one
lacks) where R5, 6 & 7 are.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 15:57:16 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
My mother's Dyson DC24 brushbar motor has died and clearly all is not well
with the pcb that supplies it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xjc6jvh71...qdzRNo0Ga?dl=0

Does this look repairable and if so, who would be able to do it in Glasgow?

I only really want it as a spare as fortunately the brushbar was replaced
11 months ago as part of a major service and is still under warranty.

Haven't had any luck finding just the pcb as a spare on line. Interesting,
the previous design of pcb had a resettable thermal cut out (that this one
lacks) where R5, 6 & 7 are.

Tim

Is it just R1 faulty? If so, any electronic repairer.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes:
On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 15:57:16 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
My mother's Dyson DC24 brushbar motor has died and clearly all is not well
with the pcb that supplies it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xjc6jvh71...qdzRNo0Ga?dl=0

Does this look repairable and if so, who would be able to do it in Glasgow?

I only really want it as a spare as fortunately the brushbar was replaced
11 months ago as part of a major service and is still under warranty.

Haven't had any luck finding just the pcb as a spare on line. Interesting,
the previous design of pcb had a resettable thermal cut out (that this one
lacks) where R5, 6 & 7 are.

Tim

Is it just R1 faulty? If so, any electronic repairer.

I couldn't find another picture of that board on the web, to see what
value it was.

There's a chance that's just a symptom of some other fault, so it's
worth checking a few other things, such as motor not jammed or shorted,
rectifier diodes not shorted, etc. However, the component itself will
only cost pence, once you find out what it was.

Look to see if you have a local Repair Cafe, Restart Project, or Hack
Space. This is exactly the sort of thing we repair at such events.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 19:35:09 UTC, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr writes:
[...]

It's likely to be the result of something else, but is so cheap & easy to do I'd replace it & see first.

Look to see if you have a local Repair Cafe, Restart Project, or Hack
Space. This is exactly the sort of thing we repair at such events.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
writes:
On Tuesday, 3 January 2017 15:57:16 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
My mother's Dyson DC24 brushbar motor has died and clearly all is not well
with the pcb that supplies it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xjc6jvh71...qdzRNo0Ga?dl=0

Does this look repairable and if so, who would be able to do it in Glasgow?

I only really want it as a spare as fortunately the brushbar was replaced
11 months ago as part of a major service and is still under warranty.

Haven't had any luck finding just the pcb as a spare on line. Interesting,
the previous design of pcb had a resettable thermal cut out (that this one
lacks) where R5, 6 & 7 are.

Tim

Is it just R1 faulty? If so, any electronic repairer.

I couldn't find another picture of that board on the web, to see what
value it was.

Nor me. :-(

There's a chance that's just a symptom of some other fault, so it's
worth checking a few other things, such as motor not jammed or shorted,
rectifier diodes not shorted, etc.

Indeed, that had crossed my mind.

However, the component itself will
only cost pence, once you find out what it was.

Look to see if you have a local Repair Cafe, Restart Project, or Hack
Space. This is exactly the sort of thing we repair at such events.

Nothing like that in my town (that I know of).

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why oh why do people waste money on these overpriced unreliable pieces of ****? Buy a normal vacuum cleaner, for a price where you can throw it in the bin if it fails.

--
Collectively, humans have spent almost 13,261 years watching the Gangnam Style video.

Dyson 110,000 rpm Tough Guy no. 1265 UK diy 22 September 19th 15 08:11 PM
Nothing sux like a Dyson D.M. Procida UK diy 15 January 1st 09 04:07 PM
Dyson's at it again. The Medway Handyman UK diy 44 November 16th 06 08:44 PM
Dyson DC4 ken UK diy 1 June 24th 06 01:00 PM
Looking for source of spare parts for Dyson appliances (other than Dyson!) [email protected] UK diy 7 April 5th 06 02:43 AM