Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default So all bin out with yer new angle grinders yet?

Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy drones
instead this year.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 2 Jan 2017 12:35:08 -0000
"Brian Gaff" wrote:

Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy
drones instead this year.

Brian

Drones with angle grinders? Duck!

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy drones
instead this year.

oddly

your post reminded me that its time for me to be bin policeman for this
fortnight :-)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy
drones instead this year.

oddly

your post reminded me that its time for me to be bin policeman for this
fortnight :-)

Ever find anything worth keeping?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bm" wrote in message
web.com...

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy
drones instead this year.

oddly

your post reminded me that its time for me to be bin policeman for this
fortnight :-)

Ever find anything worth keeping?

actually...

two weeks ago (2 days before Christmas) the bunch of ******* who never put
their stuff in the bin, just dumping it on the floor beside in the belief
that (sadly, correctly) some other poor ******* will put it in the bin for
them put out half a dozen of those Christmas wrapping bags that cost 3 quid
each, so I nabbed them for my pressies (where I normally wouldn't bother
which such frilly tat)

But today, all I had to do was hoik out of the recycling some loose plastic
(which no matter how many times you tell people that the only plastic that
is recyclable is plastic that comes in the shape of a BOTTLE, still ends up
in the bin every week) and a paper bag which would you believe it contained
(and again not for the first time) the remains of their take away meal -
look paper is recyclable but not if it is still containing the food that
came in it!

The laziness of others never ceases to amaze me!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 02/01/2017 19:26, tim... wrote:

But today, all I had to do was hoik out of the recycling some loose
plastic (which no matter how many times you tell people that the only
plastic that is recyclable is plastic that comes in the shape of a
BOTTLE, still ends up in the bin every week)

We are supposed to recycle "plastic packaging" but there's no good
definition of that. I think it's meant to be the plastic trays that food
often comes in.

and a paper bag which would
you believe it contained (and again not for the first time) the remains
of their take away meal - look paper is recyclable but not if it is
still containing the food that came in it!

That should go in the bin, then. What I am very doubtful about is using
clean water to clean stuff so it can be recycled.

The laziness of others never ceases to amaze me!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

We need a bin policeman around here to put all the bins and boxes back each
week after the bin collectors have left them strewn about the footway.
I swear its safer on bin days to walk down the middle of the road.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"bm" wrote in message
web.com...

"tim..." wrote in message
news

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy
drones instead this year.

oddly

your post reminded me that its time for me to be bin policeman for this
fortnight :-)

Ever find anything worth keeping?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy
drones instead this year.

The angle grinder will be out shortly - it's almost time to get the lights
off the tree.

--
*A person who smiles in the face of adversity probably has a scapegoat *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hmm, well this is a no angle grinder household. Locals think its dangerous
enough me having a power drill. if i went out with an Angle grinder, saw aor
sander I think they might call the men in white coats out.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy
drones instead this year.

The angle grinder will be out shortly - it's almost time to get the lights
off the tree.

--
*A person who smiles in the face of adversity probably has a scapegoat *

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/01/2017 12:35, Brian Gaff wrote:
Its been very quiet around here, maybe they have all decided to buy drones
instead this year.

Yep.
Bright and early Christmas day, New years day and a few days between.
Cutting stainless steel gutters and down pipes to size for the extension.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/01/2017 19:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
What with a drone?

No she didn't even ask me to do it!
I was just glad to be out in the sun.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Incidentally as you can probably tell Santa did not bring me a new keyboard
which does not have over repating keys or space bar that sometimes don't
work.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote in message
news
On 04/01/2017 19:18, Brian Gaff wrote:
What with a drone?

No she didn't even ask me to do it!
I was just glad to be out in the sun.

Another fan of angle grinders Rod Speed UK diy 5 October 31st 14 03:11 AM
Angle grinders anyone? Tony Bryer[_2_] UK diy 12 June 6th 11 01:25 PM
Bosch angle grinders Fred UK diy 5 June 1st 10 09:20 PM
Angle Grinders ? James Nipper Home Repair 27 January 18th 05 01:54 AM
Angle Grinders ? James Nipper Home Ownership 27 January 18th 05 01:54 AM