Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default New for old light switch

I have a 2 gang light switch I am replacing. On the old one it has:
Com, 1 way 2, way, The new one Com, L1, L2
Am I correct in assuming the 1 way = L1 and 2 way = L2
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ss" wrote in message
I have a 2 gang light switch I am replacing. On the old one it has:
Com, 1 way 2, way, The new one Com, L1, L2
Am I correct in assuming the 1 way = L1 and 2 way = L2

Yep. And you can check that with a meter or by wiring it in test config too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 14/12/2016 20:23, grjw wrote:
Yep. And you can check that with a meter or by wiring it in test config
too.

Thanks thats what I thought.

I have a meter but not fluent in using it other than a wire registers
240v or not. So I take the wires out and replace in the same
configuration as the old one that my safest way with limited knowledge
of electrics. Test config I havent a clue what that means. :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 20:11:05 UTC, ss wrote:
I have a 2 gang light switch I am replacing. On the old one it has:
Com, 1 way 2, way, The new one Com, L1, L2
Am I correct in assuming the 1 way = L1 and 2 way = L2

Yep.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 14/12/2016 23:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
You may have to bridge the Commons together - is it like that now?

Yes it is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/12/2016 20:10, ss wrote:
I have a 2 gang light switch I am replacing. On the old one it has:
Com, 1 way 2, way, The new one Com, L1, L2
Am I correct in assuming the 1 way = L1 and 2 way = L2

Yes.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Job done, thanks all for confirming wiring for me.