Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paint has leaked behind glazing in front door

Please help! Last week we had a new front door fitted by someone we found
through checkatrade. The door came glazed but untreated. He primed and then
gloss painted for us. It was dark when he left and it looked ok. However, on
looking at it in dalylight, I can now see that whilst he used tape around the
edges, nonetheless both the primer and gloss red paint have got in behind the
glass (I.e. Between the two pains of glass) and it looks terrible. Completely
ruins the affect as it looks shoddy and messy. I am absolutely gutted at
having spent the money on materials and the labour to end up with a poor
quality job that seemingly we can't do anything about. Any advice as to
possible solutions would be gratefully received. I can only think of
eventually having the door reglazed, or buying sticky backed frosted glass
effect stickers to put over the pains but don't really want to do this as it
defeats the point in going for totally clear glazing in the first place and is
likely to look cheap. No idea what it would cost to reglaze the door - I
suspect more than the door itself is worth.
http://www.homeownershub.com/img/83
http://www.homeownershub.com/img/84
http://www.homeownershub.com/img/85

Painting Front Door/New Door Lockset Kate[_5_] Home Repair 8 May 19th 12 02:23 PM
glazing putty over primer or paint? [email protected] Home Repair 5 June 4th 09 09:10 AM
Gloss paint on front door Ben UK diy 3 April 7th 07 10:20 AM
Bath Paint OK for Front Door? [email protected] Home Repair 6 October 28th 06 05:01 PM
Removing paint that leaked under masking The Chairman Home Repair 9 June 8th 05 12:08 PM