Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Socket Back Box Screw Thread

I have removed a twin socket from its back box.
When I came to fit the socket back in, I realised that one of the threaded lugs
for securing the socket to the box has in the past has had the thread slightly
damaged such that bolt won't really tighten up.
It looks OK as the good bold tightens up well and pulls the socket back to the
plaster. But it's not perfect.
Is there a trick for "tightening" the thread such that the bolt will hold in it
securely and tighten up,
I wondered about epoxy putty or similar to put in the lug hole (ear??) and
effectively make a new thread.
Any ideas please?

new metal back box sunken into wall.... wall plastered..... screwthread missing in side lug when trying to screw new socket to the wall....what to do? Stephen[_16_] UK diy 18 July 7th 14 08:23 PM
Screw thread? Geoff Pearson UK diy 5 May 17th 12 01:46 PM
Home Depot screw display - where can I get that awesome "screw thread board".? Bryan Scholtes Home Repair 16 February 28th 12 07:33 PM
Machine Thread to Wood Thread Dowel Screw Fred UK diy 6 August 30th 10 08:46 PM
Outside Tap Screw Thread john UK diy 3 May 27th 05 01:34 AM