john

Default Outside Tap Screw Thread

A relative has an outside tap - about 25 years old. A modern hoselock
fitting is too big for it - and the supplied reducing bush is too small.

My local shop told me that there are only two sizes and the adaptor / full
size should be all that is needed. Clearly not.

Any suggestions? (other than changing the tap - I don't have the time or
inclination - such tasks at the house seem to escalate into major projects.)
Is there a further size version that I need to be seeking and am likely to
find?

Stuart

On Wed, 25 May 2005 19:56:23 GMT, "john"
wrote:

A relative has an outside tap - about 25 years old. A modern hoselock
fitting is too big for it - and the supplied reducing bush is too small.

My local shop told me that there are only two sizes and the adaptor / full
size should be all that is needed. Clearly not.

Any suggestions? (other than changing the tap - I don't have the time or
inclination - such tasks at the house seem to escalate into major projects.)
Is there a further size version that I need to be seeking and am likely to
find?

See the thread of the 18th May Re Hose Connection
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.
David Lang

"john" wrote in message
A relative has an outside tap - about 25 years old. A modern hoselock
fitting is too big for it - and the supplied reducing bush is too small.

The standard hozelock is 3/4" bsp and the adaptor is 1/2" bsp. Given the
age of the tap and that it seems between the two, it could be 5/8" bsp
although I've never come across one - ever. I doubt you will find one
either.

Take a look at http://tinyurl.com/a92q9 this may be your only option - or
change the tap - not difficult.

Dave

Jeff

"David Lang" wrote in message

"john" wrote in message
A relative has an outside tap - about 25 years old. A modern hoselock
fitting is too big for it - and the supplied reducing bush is too small.

The standard hozelock is 3/4" bsp and the adaptor is 1/2" bsp. Given the
age of the tap and that it seems between the two, it could be 5/8" bsp
although I've never come across one - ever. I doubt you will find one
either.

Take a look at http://tinyurl.com/a92q9 this may be your only option - or
change the tap - not difficult.

if its 5/8" BSP then get a 5/8 union & 5/8 to 1/2 reducing nipple .... a
right codge, but it might avoid replacing the tap

Regards Jeff