Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laptop PSU extender query

On UK trains there is a 240VAC socket to hand in 1st class, but on NL/D trains there is none so my Acer Aspire S7's battery goes flat after 3 hours. Is there a battery power pack to 240VAC solution out there?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2016 20:32, Simon Mason wrote:
On UK trains there is a 240VAC socket to hand in 1st class, but on
NL/D trains there is none so my Acer Aspire S7's battery goes flat
after 3 hours. Is there a battery power pack to 240VAC solution out
there?

turn on power saving, it should last 6-8 hrs.
But you would know that if you had one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote

On UK trains there is a 240VAC socket to hand in
1st class, but on NL/D trains there is none so my
Acer Aspire S7's battery goes flat after 3 hours.

Yes, its just another dinosaur like all your hardware.

Is there a battery power pack to 240VAC solution out there?

Not clear what you mean by battery power pack to 240VAC solution.

It makes no sense to be using a battery power pack that produces
240V and feed the normal charger for the dinosaur laptop with that.
You should be feeding the dinosaur laptop with the 19VDC it needs
instead from the battery power pack..

Some of the car Lion jump starters will power laptops
as well as devices that get their power by USB.

There are quite a few currently laptops whose battery lasts all day.

There are double capacity batterys for that dinosaur of a laptop.

You will get a full day with a decent tablet with a bluetooth
keyboard if you can't bring yourself to use the touch keyboard.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 December 2016 22:49:01 UTC, dennis@home wrote:
On 05/12/2016 20:32, Simon Mason wrote:
On UK trains there is a 240VAC socket to hand in 1st class, but on
NL/D trains there is none so my Acer Aspire S7's battery goes flat
after 3 hours. Is there a battery power pack to 240VAC solution out
there?

turn on power saving, it should last 6-8 hrs.
But you would know that if you had one.

Yes - I have the screen on 0% brightness and get 4 hrs max.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 6 December 2016 00:26:24 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

You should be feeding the dinosaur laptop with the 19VDC it needs
instead from the battery power pack..

Some of the car Lion jump starters will power laptops
as well as devices that get their power by USB.

Good man - that is better than using an inverter.

http://ebay.eu/2gKdm3p

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Actually this is where us blind can get much more from our portable devices,
we do not need the screen at all so turning it and its backlight off and
using phones to hear the screenreadr can double the time it will run for
without crippling the processor speed etc.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"dennis@home" wrote in message
web.com...
On 05/12/2016 20:32, Simon Mason wrote:
On UK trains there is a 240VAC socket to hand in 1st class, but on
NL/D trains there is none so my Acer Aspire S7's battery goes flat
after 3 hours. Is there a battery power pack to 240VAC solution out
there?

turn on power saving, it should last 6-8 hrs.
But you would know that if you had one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message news

Actually this is where us blind can get much more from our portable
devices, we do not need the screen at all so turning it and its backlight
off and using phones to hear the screenreadr can double the time it will
run for without crippling the processor speed etc.
Brian

It's all about the silver linings. Trouble is most people look for a cloud
to attach theirs to.