Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Which glue?

Needs to stick glass to metal & paper. Needs to be fully clear in a thin film. E6000 has been recommended but the toxic solvent makes in unsuitable for indoor use. I've suggested trying a siff clear silicone. Any other recommendations?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Needs to stick glass to metal & paper. Needs to be fully clear in a thin
film. E6000 has been recommended but the toxic solvent makes in unsuitable
for indoor use. I've suggested trying a siff clear silicone. Any other
recommendations?

NT

I have just bought a tube of glass cement from Wilkinsons. It needs exposure
to ultra violet to harden it. I only bought it in case it might be suitable
for anything where other glues fail. I haven't actually used it but maybe
you could try it.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 28 November 2016 10:53:03 UTC, Dave W wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
Needs to stick glass to metal & paper. Needs to be fully clear in a thin
film. E6000 has been recommended but the toxic solvent makes in unsuitable
for indoor use. I've suggested trying a siff clear silicone. Any other
recommendations?

NT

I have just bought a tube of glass cement from Wilkinsons. It needs exposure
to ultra violet to harden it. I only bought it in case it might be suitable
for anything where other glues fail. I haven't actually used it but maybe
you could try it.

thanks, I'll look into that.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 4 December 2016 20:58:00 UTC, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 28/11/2016 08:44, Fredxxx wrote:
On 28/11/2016 00:45, tabbypurr wrote:

Needs to stick glass to metal & paper. Needs to be fully clear in a
thin film. E6000 has been recommended but the toxic solvent makes in
unsuitable for indoor use. I've suggested trying a siff clear
silicone. Any other recommendations?

The E6000 solvent is Tetrachloroethylene, which has modest exposure
levels. The nose is extremely sensitive to the stuff.

http://eclecticproducts.com/download...ad-english.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrachloroethylene

Then I wouldn't worry about it. That's not very toxic - might cause
cancer. Or might not...

But Wiki agrees with my memory - don't smoke near it.

Andy

As I said the solvent is no go. We went with low mod silicone, seems to do the job ok. Thanks everyone.

NT