Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Charging battery in situ

In article ,
wrote:
Mr Purr has invented the situation where you connect a charger with a
short between the output leads to a charged battery, ignoring any
sparks, and waiting patiently until things melt and start a fire.

No I didn't. Damaged insulation can cause a short later. If you think
chargers never have insulation damage you're in your own world. Again.

Right. The leads are in perfect condition when you connect the charger but
magically chafe through while it's in operation.

Any other 'what ifs' you'd care to invent?

--
*Money isn‘t everything, but it sure keeps the kids in touch

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 28 November 2016 00:24:11 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

Mr Purr has invented the situation where you connect a charger with a
short between the output leads to a charged battery, ignoring any
sparks, and waiting patiently until things melt and start a fire.

No I didn't. Damaged insulation can cause a short later. If you think
chargers never have insulation damage you're in your own world. Again.

Right. The leads are in perfect condition when you connect the charger but
magically chafe through while it's in operation.

Being sensible just ain't your thing is it.

Any other 'what ifs' you'd care to invent?

Very funny. You made that idiocy up. Don't bother.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

Mr Purr has invented the situation where you connect a charger with a
short between the output leads to a charged battery, ignoring any
sparks, and waiting patiently until things melt and start a fire.

No I didn't. Damaged insulation can cause a short later. If you
think chargers never have insulation damage you're in your own
world. Again.

Right. The leads are in perfect condition when you connect the charger
but magically chafe through while it's in operation.

Being sensible just ain't your thing is it.

I tend to base thing on expedience. And by noting what others have said.

And you are the very first who've mentioned the safety hazards of using a
battery charger where there is no fusing at the low volts connectors. And
if you can show me any battery charger that includes this, I'd accept it
might in practice be a possible fault condition that needs allowing for.

Any other 'what ifs' you'd care to invent?

Very funny. You made that idiocy up. Don't bother.

It's a very fair description of what you're on about. And not just as
regards battery charger fusing.

NT

--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I tend to base thing on expedience.

And experience should have taught me not to post before wearing
my contact lenses. ;-)

--
*The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 28 November 2016 10:58:16 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

http://i68.tinypic.com/263x8p5.jpg

Any other 'what ifs' you'd care to invent?

Very funny. You made that idiocy up. Don't bother.

It's a very fair description of what you're on about. And not just as
regards battery charger fusing.

OK, I accept fact, logic & sense ain't your deal.

NT

Charging Battery SirJohn Home Repair 22 January 9th 11 01:30 PM
In-situ car battery charging pebe Electronics Repair 18 November 25th 10 01:52 PM
battery charging etc Fray Bentos UK diy 7 September 29th 06 08:29 PM
battery charging Mike Muderick Electronics Repair 4 February 15th 05 10:50 PM
O.T. Battery Charging Jimbo Metalworking 5 November 10th 03 06:41 AM