Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Joinery nomenclature question.

What do you call the strip attached to (or part of) one cupboard door
which covers the apposed edge of the opposite door, like a floating
mullion in a window?

Specifically, if I wanted to look for some, preferably symmetrical,
moulding in wood or stainless steel to cover the gap between two white
plastic covered chipboard doors, what should I look for?

Many thanks,

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

What do you call the strip attached to (or part of) one cupboard door
which covers the apposed edge of the opposite door, like a floating
mullion in a window?

Meeting stile?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:

if I wanted to look for some, preferably symmetrical,
moulding in wood or stainless steel to cover the gap between two white
plastic covered chipboard doors, what should I look for?

Astragal?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:

if I wanted to look for some, preferably symmetrical,
moulding in wood or stainless steel to cover the gap between two white
plastic covered chipboard doors, what should I look for?

Astragal?

That, with your other answer, seems to cover it. Many thanks!

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/23/2016 8:51 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

if I wanted to look for some, preferably symmetrical,
moulding in wood or stainless steel to cover the gap between two white
plastic covered chipboard doors, what should I look for?

Astragal?

Wow, that's a completely new word to me. Not often I hear one of those,
especially in a context like this.