DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Joinery nomenclature question. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/581889-joinery-nomenclature-question.html)

Roger Hayter[_2_] November 23rd 16 08:29 PM

Joinery nomenclature question.

What do you call the strip attached to (or part of) one cupboard door
which covers the apposed edge of the opposite door, like a floating
mullion in a window?

Specifically, if I wanted to look for some, preferably symmetrical,
moulding in wood or stainless steel to cover the gap between two white
plastic covered chipboard doors, what should I look for?

Many thanks,

--

Roger Hayter

Roger Hayter[_2_] November 23rd 16 09:22 PM

Andy Burns wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:

if I wanted to look for some, preferably symmetrical,
moulding in wood or stainless steel to cover the gap between two white
plastic covered chipboard doors, what should I look for?

Astragal?

That, with your other answer, seems to cover it. Many thanks!

--

Roger Hayter

newshound November 24th 16 01:40 PM

On 11/23/2016 8:51 PM, Andy Burns wrote:
Roger Hayter wrote:

if I wanted to look for some, preferably symmetrical,
moulding in wood or stainless steel to cover the gap between two white
plastic covered chipboard doors, what should I look for?

Astragal?

Wow, that's a completely new word to me. Not often I hear one of those,
especially in a context like this.