Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default So that's how to wire up a junction box then?

At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours
thank God.

Did he paint the ceiling as well? - must have used a ****ing mop judging by
the cutting in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/18/2016 7:38 PM, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

used to see that all the time ...that and patress boxes floating in mid
air ..... made a visit for a letter of comfort to a wummins house where
the loft had been altered and they had decided to sell....the gang nail
roof structure had been cut to to form a box and wires etc were hanging
off the walls....I asked the wummin who had done the work and she said a
friend of her husband...I told her she had been ripped off and the roof
was weakened and the electrics were dangerous...and off I went to send
her a letter to help her persue the "builder".....next morning I had her
husband on the phone shouting and bawling that he had done the work and
he had O level woodwork.....he then asked me what qualifications I had
to condemn the alterations....tee hee...fun times

--
Beat fraud ... tug a wig
I like to live as a poor man, but with lots of money
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Begs the question how has he been allowed to reach the 3rd year?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2016 20:18, Andy Cap wrote:

Begs the question how has he been allowed to reach the 3rd year?

Or if the general public should trust any electrical company that
employs apprentices.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , ARW adamwadsworth@blu
eyonder.co.uk escribió:

At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

*waves*

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

Rough as a badger's arse, that.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 18 November 2016 19:38:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Honestly, I was doing better in third year.

That's third year of secondary school.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/18/2016 8:23 PM, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Andy Cap" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Begs the question how has he been allowed to reach the 3rd year?

or stay alive......

I blame ELCBs

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/16 20:40, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , ARW adamwadsworth@blu
eyonder.co.uk escribió:

At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

*waves*

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

Rough as a badger's arse, that.

Obviously you are the expert there....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 18 November 2016 21:37:55 UTC, ss wrote:
Only prob this time is I strung them up in May and
only this last couple of days am I doing it properly.

That's fine. Wiring Regs define 'temporary' wiring as likely to be in use for 6 months or less.

And we all know that 'placing behind a bookcase' is an acceptable means of protection against shock in a dwelling.

Not in a bathroom, obviously. The books would get damp.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Nah - he has forgotten to twist the earths together outside the junction
box!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2016 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

I was doing better than that by the time I left primary school.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

[drivelectomy]

oh dear, you really are all swivel-eyed and gotten-to, aren't you? No
wonder your ex left you and took you to the cleaners, if this is your
usual standard of behaviour.

Is this perchance where you got your "experience" in philosophy?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ov/16/glasgow-
university-homer-simpson-philosophy-course-perfect-sense

http://tinyurl.com/j969td6

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 18 November 2016 19:38:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxmoKhUXEAAqGtA.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

[drivelectomy]

oh dear, you really are all swivel-eyed and gotten-to, aren't you? No
wonder your ex left you and took you to the cleaners, if this is your
usual standard of behaviour.

Is this perchance where you got your "experience" in philosophy?

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...ov/16/glasgow-
university-homer-simpson-philosophy-course-perfect-sense

http://tinyurl.com/j969td6

homer is the man ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/16 06:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 18 November 2016 19:38:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxmoKhUXEAAqGtA.jpg

So fix it - it's ****, non compliant, dangerous and generally just gash.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 18 November 2016 21:59:43 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
Honestly, I was doing better in third year.

I was doing better when I was 10.

I was a late developer. I didn't get my own Maplin catalogue till I was 12.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 19 November 2016 06:03:00 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

Did you shift the coal to take that photograph?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/16 09:26, wrote:
On Saturday, 19 November 2016 06:03:00 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

Did you shift the coal to take that photograph?

Owain

No, that's in the bathtub.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela writes:
On 09:23 19 Nov 2016, Tim Watts wrote:

On 19/11/16 06:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 18 November 2016 19:38:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank
work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of
ours thank God.

Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxmoKhUXEAAqGtA.jpg

So fix it - it's ****, non compliant, dangerous and generally
just gash.

If non-compliant work like that is reported to the local authority
then what action do they take, if any?

None, unless it's open to the public.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Nah - he has forgotten to twist the earths together outside the junction
box!

Like this you mean?

https://goo.gl/photos/sjtdi7jpMSRadfEdA

Just found this in the loft. I haven't dared open it yet, not least
because I'd need all those earth wires out of the way to get the lid off.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:

On 09:23 19 Nov 2016, Tim Watts wrote:

On 19/11/16 06:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 18 November 2016 19:38:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank
work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of
ours thank God.

Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxmoKhUXEAAqGtA.jpg

So fix it - it's ****, non compliant, dangerous and generally
just gash.

If non-compliant work like that is reported to the local authority
then what action do they take, if any?

Non-compliance is hard to establsh as it is always hard to define when
something was fitted and therefore what it should have complied with.
Dangerousness is usually only defineable *after* something bad has
happened.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 19/11/2016 13:02, Mike Humphrey wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Nah - he has forgotten to twist the earths together outside the junction
box!

Like this you mean?

https://goo.gl/photos/sjtdi7jpMSRadfEdA

Just found this in the loft. I haven't dared open it yet, not least
because I'd need all those earth wires out of the way to get the lid off.

Out of interest, what will you replace it with? You'll need something
pretty meaty to make all those connections.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 19 November 2016 11:33:12 UTC, jim wrote:
Tim Watts Wrote in message:
On 19/11/16 09:26, wrote:
On Saturday, 19 November 2016 06:03:00 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

Did you shift the coal to take that photograph?

Owain

No, that's in the bathtub.

What about the whippets?
--
Jim K

And the ferrets?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Nah - he has forgotten to twist the earths together outside the junction
box!

Like this you mean?

https://goo.gl/photos/sjtdi7jpMSRadfEdA

Just found this in the loft. I haven't dared open it yet, not least
because I'd need all those earth wires out of the way to get the lid off.

Out of interest, what will you replace it with? You'll need something
pretty meaty to make all those connections.

I don't know, yet. I don't really know why there are so many cables. It
seems to be part of the lighting circuit, but I don't have that many
lights - presumably some are switch cables, but even so there seems to
be too many. It might make sense to replace it with smaller junction
boxes for each light. Or replace it with a bigger junction box that
has enough terminals for everything - I seem to recall someone posting
pictures of a very neat wiring job using DIN rail terminals a few
years back. I don't have time to start fiddling with it at the moment,
and the twisted earths seem reasonably solid, so for the moment I'll
let it be. Next month I'll have a look at it, and post some pictures
if I get chance.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 19 November 2016 13:02:32 UTC, Mike Humphrey wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Nah - he has forgotten to twist the earths together outside the junction
box!

Like this you mean?

https://goo.gl/photos/sjtdi7jpMSRadfEdA

Just found this in the loft. I haven't dared open it yet, not least
because I'd need all those earth wires out of the way to get the lid off.

Mike

Lol, put it on the wiki

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB used his keyboard to write :
Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Nah - he has forgotten to twist the earths together outside the junction
box!

Like this you mean?

https://goo.gl/photos/sjtdi7jpMSRadfEdA

Just found this in the loft. I haven't dared open it yet, not least
because I'd need all those earth wires out of the way to get the lid off.

Out of interest, what will you replace it with? You'll need something pretty
meaty to make all those connections.

I wouldn't think there's any need to replace it with anything, just
make a better/proper job of it. I can't remember their official name
but those junction boxes with choc blocks in them were legitimate and
compliant with regs at one time - just the bad job that isn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/16 10:11, pamela wrote:
On 09:23 19 Nov 2016, Tim Watts wrote:

On 19/11/16 06:02, Simon Mason wrote:
On Friday, 18 November 2016 19:38:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank
work.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of
ours thank God.

Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxmoKhUXEAAqGtA.jpg

So fix it - it's ****, non compliant, dangerous and generally
just gash.

If non-compliant work like that is reported to the local authority
then what action do they take, if any?

Absolutely nothing. It's not their remit, unless it was so utterly
dangerous as to be a danger to the general public - eg he ran bare wires
with 230V around the fence on insulators on the pavement side.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/16 10:26, Simon Mason wrote:
On Saturday, 19 November 2016 10:03:52 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
On 19/11/16 09:26, wrote:
On Saturday, 19 November 2016 06:03:00 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
Here is the wiring to my sauna and I work in a chemical lab.

Did you shift the coal to take that photograph?

Owain

No, that's in the bathtub.

Close but no cigar.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxnka3DXcAAj5Ww.jpg

Jolly good.

Now go and fix your gash wiring!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/16 13:02, Mike Humphrey wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours thank
God.

Nah - he has forgotten to twist the earths together outside the junction
box!

Like this you mean?

https://goo.gl/photos/sjtdi7jpMSRadfEdA

Just found this in the loft. I haven't dared open it yet, not least
because I'd need all those earth wires out of the way to get the lid off.

Mike

That, sir, just raised the bar for all of us!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
At least one poster will add this to his collection of wank work.
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/6/68/Wank.jpg

And that is from a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Not one of ours
thank
God.

Nah - he has forgotten to twist the earths together outside the junction
box!

Like this you mean?

https://goo.gl/photos/sjtdi7jpMSRadfEdA

Just found this in the loft. I haven't dared open it yet, not least
because I'd need all those earth wires out of the way to get the lid off.

Out of interest, what will you replace it with? You'll need something
pretty meaty to make all those connections.

Bigger box full of Wagos
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 19:38, ARW wrote:
[...]

If it really needs so many cables into one box I'd be thinking in terms
of a big blank box and Wago connectors.

--
Mike Clarke