Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default chinky rubbish

anybody else got ripped off by those cheap £12 30w chinky LED pir gargen
spotlight that only last a couple of days if lucky?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
On 12:52 14 Nov 2016, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else got ripped off by those cheap £12 30w chinky LED
pir gargen spotlight that only last a couple of days if lucky?

Twelve quid ain't so cheap.

speshy if they don't work ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

You don't need chinese garden lights for bad manufacture, Ring lighting used
to make ones in this country where the idc connections to the bulbs corroded
in about three months!
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
anybody else got ripped off by those cheap £12 30w chinky LED pir gargen
spotlight that only last a couple of days if lucky?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 12:52 14 Nov 2016, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else got ripped off by those cheap £12 30w chinky LED
pir gargen spotlight that only last a couple of days if lucky?

Twelve quid ain't so cheap.

speshy if they don't work ...

Trying to remeber what I paid for Lidl 30w ones a year ago or so. Lot more
than 12 quid. But a lot less than TLC for the same power. And they've been
fine. Sometimes things are too cheap to be true.

--
*I was once a millionaire but my mom gave away my baseball cards

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated :
anybody else got ripped off by those cheap £12 30w chinky LED pir gargen
spotlight that only last a couple of days if lucky?

I have bought a small number of other types of LED. I think the thing
is to look at the spec. and make sure they are suitable for at least
240v. My none dimables suggested a range of 90 to 265v.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 14 November 2016 16:04:38 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 12:52 14 Nov 2016, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else got ripped off by those cheap £12 30w chinky LED
pir gargen spotlight that only last a couple of days if lucky?

Twelve quid ain't so cheap.

speshy if they don't work ...

Trying to remeber what I paid for Lidl 30w ones a year ago or so. Lot more
than 12 quid. But a lot less than TLC for the same power. And they've been
fine. Sometimes things are too cheap to be true.

Maybe that is the problme with yuor dimmer and bulbs that blow and take the dimmer out with them.

Chinky stinky, what you thinky? Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 10 March 12th 14 11:22 PM
AEG- Rubbish Brian Reay[_5_] UK diy 20 August 2nd 12 06:43 PM
rubbish paint pod [email protected] UK diy 12 December 22nd 08 06:14 PM
rubbish paint pod John UK diy 1 December 21st 08 07:34 PM
'Rubbish' rubbish bags The Medway Handyman UK diy 10 July 29th 07 01:08 PM