Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Guess what did this cut:-)

On 13/11/2016 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

Nasty. You could just about do that with a Stanley Knife.

A friend of mine (a professional builder) screwed a screw into his hand
when putting up a garden fence. He tried pulling his hand away, but it
wouldn't come. He had to unscrew the screw. That was a puncture wound,
so it didn't look like much from the outside.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

OUCH !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

Stanley knife

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 18:07:03 UTC, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.
Clue - two words

Careless Apprentice

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message ...

On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

Camel toe thumbnail. Nice.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 13/11/16 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

angle grinder

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/16 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

pizza cutter

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DJC" wrote in message news
On 13/11/16 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

angle grinder

Too narrow for an angle grinder and I know that
because I have one on my leg from an angle grinder.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2016 18:15, GB wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

Nasty. You could just about do that with a Stanley Knife.

A friend of mine (a professional builder) screwed a screw into his hand
when putting up a garden fence. He tried pulling his hand away, but it
wouldn't come. He had to unscrew the screw. That was a puncture wound,
so it didn't look like much from the outside.

BTDTGTT ;-)

I was fixing plasterboard to some 2x1" stud work boxing in the underside
of a stairwell. I was wearing a pouch of drywall screws, and alas did
not spot the 45mm screw that had got in among all the 30mm ones. Whizzed
it in with the power driver, and then thought, "why does that hurt? and
why can't I let go of this board?". I has screwed my finger to the back
of a 2x1". Had to back out the screw to free myself.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

Carpet gripper

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Junior Hacksaw

SWA?

I still have a trace of the scar and it,s a mirror image of your
piccy.

I'm left handed.

AB

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:41:17 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

Carpet gripper

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 22:40:35 UTC, John Rumm wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:15, GB wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
[...]

Ouch I never thought screws were that dangerous. I remember discovering that broken tiles sometimes have razor sharp edges though.

We should have a diy injuries page on the wiki. Not sure why but we should.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
writes
On 13/11/2016 18:15, GB wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
[...]

I fell through a cement fibre roof while carrying out repairs after a
fire. About 15'0, luckily the ground was a mix of scalpings and
compacted soil rather than concrete. List of breakages/stupidity
available:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/2016 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

Band saw - slow reaction time?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 13/11/2016 21:43, Rod Speed wrote:

"DJC" wrote in message
news
On 13/11/16 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

angle grinder

Too narrow for an angle grinder and I know that
because I have one on my leg from an angle grinder.

I have some metal cutting discs for my angle grinder that are that narrow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 13/11/2016 18:51, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 November 2016 18:07:03 UTC, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.
Clue - two words

Careless Apprentice

Owain

now sacked?

That's not an apprentice's hand. Not unless they've got an awful lot
older. (Elementary, my dear Watson, and all that.)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 18:08:25 +0000, ARW wrote:

On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

Ex missus.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 November 2016 18:07:03 UTC, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.
Clue - two words

Careless Apprentice

Owain

now sacked?

That's not an apprentice's hand. Not unless they've got an awful lot
older. (Elementary, my dear Watson, and all that.)

It certainly is NOT an apprentices hand (for the reasons you mentioned),
although that would not preclude a careless apprentice from causing the
accident;-)

However the correct answer is of course an angle grinder and no
apprentices were involved in accident. It was proper DIY ****up. He was
cutting some steel holding the angle grinder in his right hand and
holding the steel with his left hand.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 November 2016 18:07:03 UTC, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.
Clue - two words

Careless Apprentice

Owain

now sacked?

That's not an apprentice's hand. Not unless they've got an awful lot
older. (Elementary, my dear Watson, and all that.)

It certainly is NOT an apprentices hand (for the reasons you mentioned),
although that would not preclude a careless apprentice from causing the
accident;-)

However the correct answer is of course an angle grinder and no
apprentices were involved in accident. It was proper DIY ****up. He was
cutting some steel holding the angle grinder in his right hand and
holding the steel with his left hand.

Doing a one-handed wheelie with an AG - can't end well!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Can still just about see a scar from a sharp tile edge which I
inflicted on myself 15 years ago, although it's almost vanished
now.

When I was 5, a girl from school slammed a car door while my thumb was
still in it, the nail came off and it damaged the nail bed. 45+ years
later there's still a little white crease 1/4" long and the nail grows
with a split down it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 14/11/2016 19:01, Andy Burns wrote:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Can still just about see a scar from a sharp tile edge which I
inflicted on myself 15 years ago, although it's almost vanished
now.

When I was 5, a girl from school slammed a car door while my thumb was
still in it, the nail came off and it damaged the nail bed. 45+ years
later there's still a little white crease 1/4" long and the nail grows
with a split down it.

I once told an ex gf that I liked black fingernails. She probably still
thinks that I deliberately slammed her fingers in the car door.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , GB
writes
On 13/11/2016 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
He took his bandage off today.

Clue - two words

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/0/01/Cut.jpg

best add the link

Nasty. You could just about do that with a Stanley Knife.

A friend of mine (a professional builder) screwed a screw into his hand
when putting up a garden fence. He tried pulling his hand away, but it
wouldn't come. He had to unscrew the screw. That was a puncture wound,
so it didn't look like much from the outside.

Nail guns are quicker and neater.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes
On 13/11/2016 18:15, GB wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:08, ARW wrote:
On 13/11/2016 18:07, ARW wrote:
[...]

Piece of paper can give a nasty little cut.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Can still just about see a scar from a sharp tile edge which I
inflicted on myself 15 years ago, although it's almost vanished
now.

When I was 5, a girl from school slammed a car door while my thumb was
still in it, the nail came off and it damaged the nail bed. 45+ years
later there's still a little white crease 1/4" long and the nail grows
with a split down it.

I once told an ex gf that I liked black fingernails. She probably still
thinks that I deliberately slammed her fingers in the car door.

And all you were trying to do was save her buying black nail polish ws she a Goth I know a bit about them.