Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CB radio installation success

Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote:
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use
two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be
good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

I was "Top Dog" in Tower town (Blackpool) 35 years ago.
Had this Colt rig with hi, low, medium and hyperspace ............ or
something.
DV27 twig on a Mk 3 Cortina rotbox.
Then, a Firestik in the loft of a shack up with some girl. She had big tits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote

Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to
use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to
go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

Did manage to produce a properly focussed photo for once.

Lighting is a tad lairy tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 10:57:18 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

I thought CB radio died out in the 1980s. I guess that's an AM set
(judging by the AM indicator on the photo). I recall many people used
AM sets with high-power amps, but they used to be illegal.

Is there anyone still around on CB?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

I thought CB radio died out in the 1980s. I guess that's an AM set
(judging by the AM indicator on the photo). I recall many people used
AM sets with high-power amps, but they used to be illegal.

Is there anyone still around on CB?

There are more people around here on CB than there are on 2m ham radio which is usually dead 24/7.

I have adjusted the set now to UK frequencies and FM mode, but it is unusable at present as I need an external SWR calibrator - nothing is ever simple.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFucZoW8AEQIsz.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

I thought CB radio died out in the 1980s. I guess that's an AM set
(judging by the AM indicator on the photo). I recall many people used
AM sets with high-power amps, but they used to be illegal.

Is there anyone still around on CB?

fear not, both the transceiver and the little 20W linier amplifier are
illegal for him to use. He's also posted it via Google Groups which
always passes your IP address in the header, which is like one of us
posting that we had just stolen a TV set from Currys and put our
address in the sig.

On the other hand, OFCOM doesn't have many recourses for this kind of
thing, but on the other other hand there's not much to do in the
kingdom of Kingston.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 November 2016 20:48:52 UTC, Graham. wrote:

fear not, both the transceiver and the little 20W linier amplifier are
illegal for him to use.

It is a 100W amp, not 20W

On the other hand, OFCOM doesn't have many recourses for this kind of
thing,

Agreed - there was a local pirate on 90.5 MHz for 2 years and bugger all was done about him.

but on the other other hand there's not much to do in the
kingdom of Kingston.

Plenty to do.

https://www.hull2017.co.uk/whatson/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two
whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good
to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

I thought CB radio died out in the 1980s. I guess that's an AM set
(judging by the AM indicator on the photo). I recall many people used
AM sets with high-power amps, but they used to be illegal.

Is there anyone still around on CB?

There are more people around here on CB than there are on 2m ham radio
which is usually dead 24/7.

I have adjusted the set now to UK frequencies and FM mode, but it is
unusable
at present as I need an external SWR calibrator - nothing is ever simple.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFucZoW8AEQIsz.jpg

Cant even manage to focus, nothing even remotely like the best tool for the
job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 12 November 2016 20:48:52 UTC, Graham. wrote:

fear not, both the transceiver and the little 20W linier amplifier are
illegal for him to use.

It is a 100W amp, not 20W

On the other hand, OFCOM doesn't have many recourses for this kind of
thing,

Agreed - there was a local pirate on 90.5 MHz for 2 years and bugger all
was done about him.

but on the other other hand there's not much to do in the
kingdom of Kingston.

Plenty to do.

https://www.hull2017.co.uk/whatson/

Must be why you bugger off so often.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 November 2016 21:51:04 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFucZoW8AEQIsz.jpg

Cant even manage to focus, nothing even remotely like the best tool for the
job.

I've had a few sherberts by now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxGAuUgWIAIkD2E.jpg

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFucZoW8AEQIsz.jpg

Cant even manage to focus, nothing even
remotely like the best tool for the job.

I've had a few sherberts by now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxGAuUgWIAIkD2E.jpg

That's limes in your beer, stupid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 November 2016 22:10:18 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFucZoW8AEQIsz.jpg

Cant even manage to focus, nothing even
remotely like the best tool for the job.

I've had a few sherberts by now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxGAuUgWIAIkD2E.jpg

That's limes in your beer, stupid.

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Saturday, 12 November 2016 22:10:18 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFucZoW8AEQIsz.jpg

Cant even manage to focus, nothing even
remotely like the best tool for the job.

I've had a few sherberts by now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxGAuUgWIAIkD2E.jpg

That's limes in your beer, stupid.

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/12/2016 6:57 PM, Simon Mason wrote:
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

nice burner

--
Beat fraud ... tug a wig
I like to live as a poor man, but with lots of money
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 08:32:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

It all might have to come down anyway as the SWR is sky high. I am going to pick up a calibration meter from Maplins at 1000h and if that doesn't fix it, it may be due to the antenna coax being 10m long, in which case, I will have to move it closer and put it on the conservatory roof with a shorter cable instead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 08:42:14 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 11/12/2016 6:57 PM, Simon Mason wrote:
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

nice burner

Thought you might have spotted that the channel frequencies are wrong for the UK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

It all might have to come down anyway as the SWR is sky high.

All that needs is that fixing.

Can't be that. The most that can do is **** what gets transmitted.

in which case, I will have to move it closer and put it
on the conservatory roof with a shorter cable instead.

If you do, mount the ****er vertically.

If you actually had enough of a clue to have
a smartphone, you could use that to do that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Was this due to the RF exposure?

I believe at the moment the use of fm only has been waived but the power
restrictions of 4 watts is still in place.
I bet nobody who uses it has any idea of the actual power being sent out.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
Simon Mason wrote:
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use
two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be
good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

I was "Top Dog" in Tower town (Blackpool) 35 years ago.
Had this Colt rig with hi, low, medium and hyperspace ............ or
something.
DV27 twig on a Mk 3 Cortina rotbox.
Then, a Firestik in the loft of a shack up with some girl. She had big
tits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Was this due to the RF exposure?

More likely either genetics or implants.

I believe at the moment the use of fm only has been waived
but the power restrictions of 4 watts is still in place.

Simon ignores those.

I bet nobody who uses it has any idea of the actual power being sent out.

They know its more than 4W

Simon Mason wrote:
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use
two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be
good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

I was "Top Dog" in Tower town (Blackpool) 35 years ago.
Had this Colt rig with hi, low, medium and hyperspace ............ or
something.
DV27 twig on a Mk 3 Cortina rotbox.
Then, a Firestik in the loft of a shack up with some girl. She had big
tits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 09:02:43 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Was this due to the RF exposure?

At least I don't stick a mobile phone next to my brain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Simon Mason wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Was this due to the RF exposure?

At least I don't stick a mobile phone next to my brain.

No evidence that you have a brain.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:42:40 -0800, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 08:32:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

It all might have to come down anyway as the SWR is sky high. I am going
to pick up a calibration meter from Maplins at 1000h and if that doesn't
fix it, it may be due to the antenna coax being 10m long, in which case,
I will have to move it closer and put it on the conservatory roof with a
shorter cable instead.

Might be due to it being a mobile antenna that's meant to have a ground
plain.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:42:40 -0800, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 08:32:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

It all might have to come down anyway as the SWR is sky high. I am going
to pick up a calibration meter from Maplins at 1000h and if that doesn't
fix it, it may be due to the antenna coax being 10m long, in which case,
I will have to move it closer and put it on the conservatory roof with a
shorter cable instead.

Might be due to it being a mobile antenna that's meant to have a ground
plain.

is that ground plane? .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:22:29 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Steve Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:42:40 -0800, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 08:32:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

It all might have to come down anyway as the SWR is sky high. I am
going to pick up a calibration meter from Maplins at 1000h and if that
doesn't fix it, it may be due to the antenna coax being 10m long, in
which case,
I will have to move it closer and put it on the conservatory roof with
a shorter cable instead.

Might be due to it being a mobile antenna that's meant to have a ground
plain.

is that ground plane? .....

Sorry, miss; I have a cold.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:22:29 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Steve Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:42:40 -0800, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 08:32:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

It all might have to come down anyway as the SWR is sky high. I am
going to pick up a calibration meter from Maplins at 1000h and if that
doesn't fix it, it may be due to the antenna coax being 10m long, in
which case,
I will have to move it closer and put it on the conservatory roof with
a shorter cable instead.

Might be due to it being a mobile antenna that's meant to have a ground
plain.

is that ground plane? .....

Sorry, miss; I have a cold.

that's OK then.....I will let you off.....tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/11/16 13:02, Steve Hall wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 12:22:29 +0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Steve Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:42:40 -0800, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 08:32:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

It all might have to come down anyway as the SWR is sky high. I am
going to pick up a calibration meter from Maplins at 1000h and if that
doesn't fix it, it may be due to the antenna coax being 10m long, in
which case,
I will have to move it closer and put it on the conservatory roof with
a shorter cable instead.

Might be due to it being a mobile antenna that's meant to have a ground
plain.

is that ground plane? .....

Sorry, miss; I have a cold.

I have an air plane.

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

"Steve Hall" wrote in message
news On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 00:42:40 -0800, Simon Mason wrote:

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 08:32:34 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Here is the fitted antenna as promised.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxIL1wVWgAAao1D.jpg

Another complete abortion. It isnt even vertical, stupid.

It all might have to come down anyway as the SWR is sky high. I am
going to pick up a calibration meter from Maplins at 1000h and if that
doesn't fix it, it may be due to the antenna coax being 10m long, in
which case,
I will have to move it closer and put it on the conservatory roof with
a shorter cable instead.

Might be due to it being a mobile antenna that's meant to have a ground
plain.

is that ground plane? .....

Sorry, miss; I have a cold.

I have an air plane.

well good for you ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

"Steve Hall" wrote in message
[...]

I only have a wood plane .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-11-13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 November 2016 09:08:53 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use
two
whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be
good
go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

become a hammy mens

2m is dead.

blame the FL.....

Sure, if you're a moronic bigotted old fart who's part of the problem.

don't be so hard on yourself .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-11-13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
On Sunday, 13 November 2016 09:08:53 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to
use
two
whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be
good
go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

become a hammy mens

2m is dead.

blame the FL.....

Sure, if you're a moronic bigotted old fart who's part of the problem.

don't be so hard on yourself .....

Oh, the cutting wit, the biting repartee. Not. Try not to drool on
yourself,
eh?

If you have a problem with my attitude, that's your problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-11-13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

[...]

Soon solved with a killfile entry...

Josef Stalin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 11:29:58 UTC, Steve Hall wrote:

Might be due to it being a mobile antenna that's meant to have a ground
plain.

Good call, Sir.
It is meant for a car, so you are right.
Looks like I will have to get a base station one.

THE FIRST BIT OF USEFUL ADVICE ON HERE!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 11:29:58 UTC, Steve Hall wrote:

Might be due to it being a mobile antenna that's meant to have a ground
plain.

THANK YOU.

http://bit.ly/2fPkj0Z

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 09:14:31 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Brian Gaff wrote

Was this due to the RF exposure?

More likely either genetics or implants.

Or just fat.

Simon Mason wrote:
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use
two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be
good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

I was "Top Dog" in Tower town (Blackpool) 35 years ago.
Had this Colt rig with hi, low, medium and hyperspace ............ or
something.
DV27 twig on a Mk 3 Cortina rotbox.
Then, a Firestik in the loft of a shack up with some girl. She had big
tits.

--
A thousand monkeys pounding on a thousand keyboards will eventually produce either the bible, or a system error.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 November 2016 18:57:20 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

Complete waste of time.
Don't you have a mobile phone?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

On 2016-11-13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

[...]

very true but why miss the fun?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 16:37:31 UTC, harry wrote:
On Saturday, 12 November 2016 18:57:20 UTC, Simon Mason wrote:
Antenna took an hour (picture to follow) to install and I had to use two whopping big 12V PSUs to power the radio and amp.

Just got to fit an external speaker, set up the SWR and we will be good to go.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxFSPAOWEAQzMzJ.jpg

Complete waste of time.
Don't you have a mobile phone?

Yes - here it is.