Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Car radio installation problem

I am trying to put a new Koss MS2015 radio/cd player in my 1992 Miata.
I have connected the power leads to a 12 volt pair on the car but the radio
does not power on.
The ground is negative. The wires from the car are hot (checked with a
meter) and the connections are firm.
I have pushed the reset button, all to no avail. So far as I know the radio
is not defective. I brought the first one back thinking that maybe it was.
The only thing I can think of is the lack of a ground wire to the frame of
the car. But doesn't the black wire provide a proper ground?
I have not at this point attached the speakers or the antenna. But the unit
still should power up without them, no?
Appreciate your advice

--
There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
saying it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dick Smyth wrote:
I am trying to put a new Koss MS2015 radio/cd player in my 1992 Miata.
I have connected the power leads to a 12 volt pair on the car but the radio
does not power on.
The ground is negative. The wires from the car are hot (checked with a
meter) and the connections are firm.
I have pushed the reset button, all to no avail. So far as I know the radio
is not defective. I brought the first one back thinking that maybe it was.
The only thing I can think of is the lack of a ground wire to the frame of
the car. But doesn't the black wire provide a proper ground?
I have not at this point attached the speakers or the antenna. But the unit
still should power up without them, no?
Appreciate your advice

Have you checked the manual on this unit? It's available he

http://www.kosselectronics.ca/index/...downloads.html

Uniden Atlantis VHF radio problem G Electronics Repair 6 May 7th 06 07:36 AM
Alinco radio problem [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 December 8th 05 11:11 PM
Unusual telephone installation problem - Help [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 9th 04 04:32 PM
Broken Radio JW Electronics Repair 3 May 31st 04 01:05 PM
Clarion Radio Display Problem skim500 Electronics Repair 1 March 7th 04 08:03 AM