Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Car radio installation problem

The case of the radio must be grounded to the chassis ground of the car.
The speaker wires must not be grounded in any way.

--

Jerry G.

"Dick Smyth" wrote in message
et.ca...
I am trying to put a new Koss MS2015 radio/cd player in my 1992 Miata.
I have connected the power leads to a 12 volt pair on the car but the
radio
does not power on.
The ground is negative. The wires from the car are hot (checked with a
meter) and the connections are firm.
I have pushed the reset button, all to no avail. So far as I know the
radio
is not defective. I brought the first one back thinking that maybe it
was.
The only thing I can think of is the lack of a ground wire to the frame
of
the car. But doesn't the black wire provide a proper ground?
I have not at this point attached the speakers or the antenna. But the
unit
still should power up without them, no?
Appreciate your advice

--
There is nothing wrong with having nothing to say unless you insist on
saying it.