Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Reversing gutter runs

On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 13:52:44 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
tabbypurr
On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 08:55:04 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 14 November 2016 12:40:14 UTC, AnthonyL wrote:

There is no turn.

You can hardly expect helpful answers fi you're vague about what
you've got and equally vague about what you want.

Have you forgotten the original question?

No

I have 2 or 3 nice long gutters which run from the back of the
bungalow to the front and then into the drainpipes.

I'd like to collect the rain water for watering the back and topping
up the small ponds.

I can't see how to do it and still have the "overflow" going into the
drainpipe. Is there an easy low cost way?

Seems clear enough to me.

It's thoroughly vague. Your guess could be right or wrong, who knows.

I'm guessing

precisely. If the OP had made things clear they would have got there much quicker.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Reversing gutter runs (OT comment)

On 13/11/2016 8:21 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"RayL12" wrote in message
news
On 10/11/2016 1:05 PM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 02:26:48 -0800, tabbypurr wrote:

On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 14:53:26 UTC, Chris J Dixon wrote:
tabbypurr wrote:

At the back of the house on the corner. Water going from there to the
front falls into the butt instead, until it's full, whereupon it then
ignores the butt and flows to the front as usual.

I'd also put some inflated plastic bags in the butt to cope with
freezing, and probably a 1/2" hose in the downpipe sealed at the ends
again to cope with freeze expansion.

Didn't the OP say that the gutters, as currently installed drain
towards the front? How will your watertight installation at the back
ever fill?

Having reread the OP I see the exact requirements are not made clear.

I noticed this rather creative guttering while walking past it the other
day.

https://goo.gl/maps/b5skb79VRN12

I love that. I wish I had this in my collection of suggestions when I
was roofing. I'd like to see what was used in the boxing to carry water?

Looking at the steep pitch of the roof and the narrow gutter; it
seems heavy rain would take an alternative course? Does anyone else
see a slightly washed out paving along the front of the house?

Not convinced, its uniform across the front, not
just washed out where there is guttering above it.

Yes, I see your point.

....Ray.