Richard Markham

Default Combi boiler pressure part 2!

If my system pressure goes from 1 bar cold to 2.3 bar hot, Have I got a
problem with the expansion tank?
--
Richard Markham
IMM

"Richard Markham" wrote in message
If my system pressure goes from 1 bar cold to 2.3 bar hot, Have I got a
problem with the expansion tank?

Yes. Check its charge pressure. Sounds as if all pressure has gone.

Andy Hall

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 00:30:18 +0000, Richard Markham
wrote:

If my system pressure goes from 1 bar cold to 2.3 bar hot, Have I got a
problem with the expansion tank?

Is this a new phenomenon, or has it always done it?

If it's recent, and was OK in the past then it's likely that the
pressure vessel has lost pressure and needs to have some air added via
(e.g.) a footpump, or it is possible that the diaphragm inside has
sprung a leak, in which case that means a new pressure vessel.

If it has happened from new, then it could be that the expansion
capacity in the system is inadequately sized and a larger or an
additional vessel is needed. Often in these cases, the pressure
relief valve lifts and water is ejected. Then on cooling the pressure
drops below what it was before - a vicious circle because you keep
topping up to no avail.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:30:18 +0000, Richard Markham wrote:

If my system pressure goes from 1 bar cold to 2.3 bar hot, Have I got a
problem with the expansion tank?

Possibly, see FAQ below.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Gas Combi Boiler Pressure Relief Pipework & Building Regs Mitch UK diy 8 December 7th 03 11:11 AM
New Combi boiler GB UK diy 7 September 7th 03 11:34 PM
Combi Boiler / poor pressure brucej UK diy 12 August 21st 03 08:55 PM
Automatic water pressure maintainer for combi boiler system? Frank W UK diy 12 August 20th 03 11:22 PM