take away nojunk

Default Cad type software

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel
John Rumm

take away nojunk wrote:

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel

Last time I looked you could download an older version of TurboCAD for
free from IMSI web site (Requires Registration IIRC).

--
Cheers,

John.

Freda

take away nojunk said
Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel

Have a look at AutoSketch.

It is made by the same people who produce Autocad and we have used it
for years for 2D drawings.

--
Neopets!!! It's Fun, Free and Addictive
www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=carolla
BigWallop

"take away nojunk" wrote in message
Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type

software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one

drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel

Have a web search for Design Workshop Lite by Artifice and download the free
version for a great spatial design package.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

kitchenman

I agree there the IMSI stuff is great & free

--
regards
Dave Batter
"John Rumm" wrote in message
take away nojunk wrote:

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type

software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one

drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel

Last time I looked you could download an older version of TurboCAD for
free from IMSI web site (Requires Registration IIRC).

--
Cheers,

John.

The Natural Philosopher

take away nojunk wrote:

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel

turbocad LE

www.turbocad.com, free download.

The Natural Philosopher

kitchenman wrote:

I agree there the IMSI stuff is great & free

I would only agree that its free.

take away nojunk

take away nojunk wrote:

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type

software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one

drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel

Last time I looked you could download an older version of TurboCAD for
free from IMSI web site (Requires Registration IIRC).

Have downloaded turbocad before, am I right in saying it won't let you print
off your drawings, I also remember it being very difficult to learn how to use.
I was prepared to pay this time, just need basic plans which i have already
done on MS Visio but Visio won't produce any elevations, I know I should have
paid an architect weeks ago, but i do like being in charge of my own properties
design, cheers Tel

Tony Bryer

In article , Take
away nojunk wrote:
Have downloaded turbocad before, am I right in saying it won't
let you print off your drawings, I also remember it being very
difficult to learn how to use.

I haven't been able to crack 3D TurboCAD but find it great for
2D drawings. When I first started, years ago, I struggled,
mainly because I was trying to draw lines in the right place and
to the right length first time. The tip that made it all work
for me was to put a couple of baselines in (o/s of side and back
walls of house or whatever) and use the parallel line tool to
place other lines. Then go back and use the meet two lines at
corner etc tools to bring it all together.

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm

mike ring

Freda wrote in
:

take away nojunk said
Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type
software that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably
off the one drawing) in 2D, cheers Tel

Have a look at AutoSketch.

It isn't free, is it?

Iused Autosketch for years at work, I think it was version 5 for dos I
finihed on - it was wonderful.

When I was retired I nicked my copy but it wouldn't print on windoze, so I
bought the windows version.

It was utter rubbish - I gave it to a charity shop to spread the suffering.

Turbo cad lite is IMO very good, but does sort of need previous cad
experience or being willing to work at learning it

mike r

geoff

In message , Tony Bryer
writes
In article , Take
away nojunk wrote:
Have downloaded turbocad before, am I right in saying it won't
let you print off your drawings, I also remember it being very
difficult to learn how to use.

It only takes a quick google to find e.g.

http://crackazoid.com/?q=turbocad

Just so you can try it and decide whether to purchase it of course

I haven't been able to crack 3D TurboCAD but find it great for
2D drawings. When I first started, years ago, I struggled,
mainly because I was trying to draw lines in the right place and
to the right length first time. The tip that made it all work
for me was to put a couple of baselines in (o/s of side and back
walls of house or whatever) and use the parallel line tool to
place other lines. Then go back and use the meet two lines at
corner etc tools to bring it all together.

--
geoff
Stephen Williams

take away nojunk wrote:

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type

software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one

drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel

turbocad LE

www.turbocad.com, free download.

I use IntelliCad 2001 which was a free download at the time. (I would think
that they are now at a later number now).
It supports most of the AutoCAD functions of the time and there are plenty
of 3rd party developers who have add on blocks just waiting to be downloaded
for nothing. One that I down loaded was an "A" frame programme that not
only drew the frames between the outside walls, but also gave a printout of
my requirements.

Steve

The Natural Philosopher

geoff wrote:

In message , Tony Bryer
writes

In article , Take
away nojunk wrote:

Have downloaded turbocad before, am I right in saying it won't
let you print off your drawings, I also remember it being very
difficult to learn how to use.

It only takes a quick google to find e.g.

http://crackazoid.com/?q=turbocad

Just so you can try it and decide whether to purchase it of course

You can print off the freeby download.

I just did.

I haven't been able to crack 3D TurboCAD but find it great for
2D drawings. When I first started, years ago, I struggled,
mainly because I was trying to draw lines in the right place and
to the right length first time. The tip that made it all work
for me was to put a couple of baselines in (o/s of side and back
walls of house or whatever) and use the parallel line tool to
place other lines. Then go back and use the meet two lines at
corner etc tools to bring it all together.

Michael Chare

"The Natural Philosopher" wrote in message ...
take away nojunk wrote:

Does anyone know of any cheap and cheerful or free cad, or cad type software
that only has to cope with plans & elevations (preferably off the one

drawing)
in 2D, cheers Tel

I have old versions of TurboCad and TotalCad both by IMSI which I think both
came from the CDs with PCPlus magazine.

I prefer Turbocad and have used it to plan my kitchen layout. It also happens to
be compatible with what is probably the original version of Autocad that I also
have.

Michael Chare

Paint won't stick to Artex type ceiling Warren Owen UK diy 9 September 1st 05 09:53 PM
Bathroom Design Software Trevor Oakley UK diy 7 January 12th 04 06:02 AM
3-D Design Software Roger Mills UK diy 8 October 5th 03 05:58 AM
House Building Design Software? Reteplav UK diy 1 September 8th 03 02:08 AM