tony sayer

Default OT Digital Radios

In article , Mike Barnes
writes
In uk.d-i-y, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Mike Barnes
writes
Any other suggestions welcome because now that she's seen mine, SWMBO
wants something for her study as well.

Get her a Freeview TV card for the PC, its keeps my SWMBO occupied for
hours!.....

Same problem - no aerial. :-(

I think I'll probably get her one of those Perstel fag-packet-sized
portables.

Stop press: I've just discovered the Psion Wavefinder - could be just
the job.

Arrgh!!!!!!!! bin he bl**dy thing there're nothing but trouble!.

Get a distribution amp and run a bit of coax in!....
--
Tony Sayer

The Natural Philosopher

Mary Fisher wrote:

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Get her a Freeview TV card for the PC, its keeps my SWMBO occupied for
hours!.....

What would you suggest for a decent mains digital radio, please?

Patience?

Mary

--
Tony Sayer

tony sayer

In article , Mary Fisher
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Get her a Freeview TV card for the PC, its keeps my SWMBO occupied for
hours!.....

What would you suggest for a decent mains digital radio, please?

I don't know if anyone's making one yet other than a portable such as
the evoke and or roberts with a mains adapter.
--
Tony Sayer

Mary Fisher

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Mary Fisher
writes

"tony sayer" wrote in message

Get her a Freeview TV card for the PC, its keeps my SWMBO occupied for
hours!.....

What would you suggest for a decent mains digital radio, please?

I don't know if anyone's making one yet other than a portable such as
the evoke and or roberts with a mains adapter.

Oh. I have a Roberts Sports for through the night. I'd thought about one to
replace the ancient, crackling thing in the sitting room. Perhaps I'll go
for the Bose after all ...

Mary

Thanks.
--
Tony Sayer

Sean Delere

Slightly off topic I know but,

Does anyone know if these digital radios work in very poor reception areas?

I have been thinking of getting one for work because we can't receive AM
there at all although FM is OK but not great.

Sean

Simon Gardner

In article ,
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

What would you suggest for a decent mains digital radio, please?

Satellite receivers, Can't beat 'em.

tony sayer

In article , Sean Delere
writes
Slightly off topic I know but,

Does anyone know if these digital radios work in very poor reception areas?

I have been thinking of getting one for work because we can't receive AM
there at all although FM is OK but not great.

Sean

Purely depends on where you are. Ask the shop if you can have one on a
sale or return basis...
--
Tony Sayer