hopeless case

Default electric shower recommendations?

I want to install a shower which will be fed by the rising main and
heat the water electrically. The existing hot water tank is a long way
away so, unless I install an extra one, pre-heated water isn't really
an option.

The basin will need something similar.

Can anyone recommend something suitable? Or should I just grit my
teeth and stick in another HW tank?

Thanks

Phil
Scott Mills

"hopeless case" wrote in message
m...
I want to install a shower which will be fed by the rising main and
heat the water electrically. The existing hot water tank is a long way
away so, unless I install an extra one, pre-heated water isn't really
an option.

The basin will need something similar.

Can anyone recommend something suitable? Or should I just grit my
teeth and stick in another HW tank?

Thanks

Phil

Expect to pay abouit 200quid for a decent 9.5Kw - 10Kw shower like a Mira
Advance or something. It will draw close to 45Amps so I whould have though
a dedication connection from the consumer unit is required as the ring won't
have that kind of capacity spare. In fact I think it is probably law that
these are on a decidicated protected line...

Scott

Christian McArdle

I want to install a shower which will be fed by the rising main and
heat the water electrically. The existing hot water tank is a long way
away so, unless I install an extra one, pre-heated water isn't really
an option.

I would recommend installing a 10.5kW inline instantaneous electric water
heater. This can run to the basin and a standard thermostatic mixer shower
fitted with a head suitable for electric showers. All water in the room
should be from the mains.

Then, if using stored mains pressure water becomes feasible, the
instantaneous heater can be removed and the shower head replaced by one
suitable for a power shower.

Christian.

Electric water heater for a shower and hot tap Neill UK diy 2 September 21st 03 04:04 AM
Replacing electric shower - advice? Marshal Anderson UK diy 2 September 15th 03 02:18 PM
Electric shower Matt G UK diy 2 July 16th 03 10:38 PM
electric shower doesn't run cold - - advice please! Andrea UK diy 4 July 12th 03 07:59 AM
Is my electric shower about to fail? BigWallop UK diy 2 July 5th 03 01:57 AM