timegoesby

Default Oil on Driveway

Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac
driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to
paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?

thanks

BillR

timegoesby wrote:
Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac
driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to
paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?

thanks

Gunk or other engine cleaner works well for me.
Although if the oil has de-natured the tarmac then removing it won't repair
the surface.

Matthew Ames

"timegoesby" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac
driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to
paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?

Catlitter is also quite good at removing a spillage.

Scott Mills

"Matthew Ames" wrote in message
"timegoesby" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac
driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to
paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?

I remember knocking over 4litres of used oil onto my dads drive. He wasn't
happy, but after getting the majority of it up with paper, Gunk sorted the
rest. Although I don't know if Gunk will cut through tarmac... test in small
area first methinks.

Concrete driveway S P O N I X UK diy 1 December 3rd 03 07:22 PM
Driveway Squid UK diy 0 September 16th 03 03:30 PM
Resealing a pattern imprinted driveway TrueBlue UK diy 0 August 30th 03 12:05 PM
Ideas for fixing up driveway Ian Robinson UK diy 12 August 6th 03 12:36 PM
Weeds on driveway Slugsie UK diy 10 July 13th 03 09:11 PM