S P O N I X

Default Concrete driveway

I'm thinking of concreting part of our front garden for use as a
parking space for two cars.

How deep should I did the foundations? How deep should I make the
concrete? Should I add steel reinforcing mesh to the conctrete?

We have a sewer pipe that runs across our property where the parking
space is to go. Obviously I'll get a reinforced inspection hatch
fitted but is there anything special I need to do with the pipework or
do I simply concrete over the top?

Is there any cheaper/easier way to create a driveway? (The site is
flat and well drained)

sPoNiX
The Q

"S P O N I X" wrote in message
I'm thinking of concreting part of our front garden for use as a
parking space for two cars.

How deep should I did the foundations? How deep should I make the
concrete? Should I add steel reinforcing mesh to the conctrete?

We have a sewer pipe that runs across our property where the parking
space is to go. Obviously I'll get a reinforced inspection hatch
fitted but is there anything special I need to do with the pipework or
do I simply concrete over the top?

Is there any cheaper/easier way to create a driveway? (The site is
flat and well drained)

sPoNiX

It's all on here, Cormaics' very useful pages.../www.pavingexpert.com/

The Q

concrete driveway solution? gottabefun UK diy 5 November 4th 03 08:25 AM
Rough cost of re-doing a concrete drive David Hearn UK diy 9 September 17th 03 03:05 PM
concrete floor cuckoo flower UK diy 6 July 24th 03 08:44 PM
Concrete Fence Posts - setting out Rick Hughes UK diy 4 July 11th 03 08:45 PM
Concrete slab advice John UK diy 12 July 11th 03 10:55 AM