DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Oil on Driveway (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/4896-oil-driveway.html)

timegoesby January 6th 04 02:39 PM

Oil on Driveway

Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac
driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to
paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?

thanks

BillR January 6th 04 08:13 PM

Oil on Driveway

timegoesby wrote:
Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac
driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to
paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?

thanks

Gunk or other engine cleaner works well for me.
Although if the oil has de-natured the tarmac then removing it won't repair
the surface.

Matthew Ames January 6th 04 08:52 PM

Oil on Driveway

"timegoesby" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac
driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to
paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?

Catlitter is also quite good at removing a spillage.

Scott Mills January 8th 04 10:52 PM

Oil on Driveway

"Matthew Ames" wrote in message
"timegoesby" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know how to get rid of engine oil stains on tarmac
driveways? The oil seems to burn away the tar. Is there anything to
paint on the tar, or wash it out, or the likes of?

I remember knocking over 4litres of used oil onto my dads drive. He wasn't
happy, but after getting the majority of it up with paper, Gunk sorted the
rest. Although I don't know if Gunk will cut through tarmac... test in small
area first methinks.