Bill

Default Prices

Hi
I am trying to find out the cheaper home heating fuel, oil or gas.
While it is easy to find the cost of gas per kw I cannot find a kw
price for oil. Hoping someone can help.
Many thanks.

Bill
BillR

Bill wrote:
Hi
I am trying to find out the cheaper home heating fuel, oil or gas.
While it is easy to find the cost of gas per kw I cannot find a kw
price for oil. Hoping someone can help.
Many thanks.

Bill

I don't know the figure but a relative of mine recently found he had to
replace his oil-fired boiler.
There was now gas in the road and it didn't take him long to calculate it
was far cheaper to have gas run into the house and have a new gas boiler
instead of oil. The amortised higher cost of the oil boiler was a
significant factor ....

Harry Ziman

If it is a new installation then you need to take into account the cost of
the oil tank.

In terms of operating cost my recollection was that oil was lower than gas,
but oil prices do vary, sometimes markedly.

Harry
"BillR" wrote in message
Bill wrote:
Hi
I am trying to find out the cheaper home heating fuel, oil or gas.
While it is easy to find the cost of gas per kw I cannot find a kw
price for oil. Hoping someone can help.
Many thanks.

Bill

I don't know the figure but a relative of mine recently found he had to
replace his oil-fired boiler.
There was now gas in the road and it didn't take him long to calculate it
was far cheaper to have gas run into the house and have a new gas boiler
instead of oil. The amortised higher cost of the oil boiler was a
significant factor ....

The Natural Philosopher

Bill wrote:

Hi
I am trying to find out the cheaper home heating fuel, oil or gas.
While it is easy to find the cost of gas per kw I cannot find a kw
price for oil. Hoping someone can help.

Its about 3.2p from memory.

Many thanks.

Bill

The Natural Philosopher

Harry Ziman wrote:

If it is a new installation then you need to take into account the cost of
the oil tank.

In terms of operating cost my recollection was that oil was lower than gas,
but oil prices do vary, sometimes markedly.

My recollection is that gas was slightly cheaper...something like 3p
gas, 3.2p oil and 6p electricity.

There are figures for BTU per liter, from whence it can all be worked out..

Oil Prices Dave Liquorice UK diy 23 November 30th 03 02:15 PM
Alarm system prices Alex H UK diy 0 October 22nd 03 10:21 AM
Ferm Prices and Screwfix. Eric Dockum UK diy 10 October 20th 03 09:33 AM
Ideal Standard spacesaver bath prices? Niel A. Farrow UK diy 2 July 30th 03 10:08 AM
3KVA generator prices James Salisbury UK diy 10 July 28th 03 06:47 PM