Zizz

Default Lava Lamp - snowstorm problem

"mike" wrote in message
My daughter is a little bit (:-O) annoyed that her younger brother had

shaken
her Lava lamp and now it looks like a snow storm! (sigh). Just leaving it

settle doesn't seem to have worked. Is there an way to get the blobs to

re-form
into big blobs again? I thought maybe a centrifuge,... then again...

Have you tried switching it on for a while to melt the blobs of wax
together?

Colin Wilson

My daughter is a little bit (:-O) annoyed that her younger brother had shaken
her Lava lamp and now it looks like a snow storm! (sigh). Just leaving it to
settle doesn't seem to have worked. Is there an way to get the blobs to re-form
into big blobs again? I thought maybe a centrifuge,... then again...

They`re filled with wax and oil I think... what happens when its up to
temperature - does the wax still stay "snowflaked" ?

Suz

My daughter is a little bit (:-O) annoyed that her younger brother had
shaken
her Lava lamp and now it looks like a snow storm! (sigh). Just leaving it

settle doesn't seem to have worked. Is there an way to get the blobs to

re-form
into big blobs again? I thought maybe a centrifuge,... then again...

Lavalite website care instructions:
Don't Move or Shake your Lava® brand motion lamp while the Lava® blobs are
"WARM"! This will cause your Lava® brand motion lamp to become cloudy and
permanently malfunction!

and

So you've gone and done it; you've shaken your lava lamp, and what you've
got now is a cloudy mess
that you can barely see amorphous lumps moving around in.
Everyone tells you it's screwed.

I say: Not So!

http://www.angelfire.com/tn/Schieben/lava.html

manoman

Zizz wrote:
"mike" wrote in message
My daughter is a little bit (:-O) annoyed that her younger brother
had shaken her Lava lamp and now it looks like a snow storm! (sigh).
Just leaving it to settle doesn't seem to have worked. Is there an
way to get the blobs to re-form into big blobs again? I thought
maybe a centrifuge,... then again...

Have you tried switching it on for a while to melt the blobs of wax
together?

Same happened with mine, just left it on a few hours and all was well again

Phil S.

Angela

"Suz" wrote in message
I say: Not So!

http://www.angelfire.com/tn/Schieben/lava.html

Link didn't work!

Angela

"Suz" wrote in message
I say: Not So!

http://www.angelfire.com/tn/Schieben/lava.html

Link didn't work!

Worked second time round!

Bob Eager

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:40:40 UTC, "Angela" wrote:

"Suz" wrote in message
I say: Not So!

http://www.angelfire.com/tn/Schieben/lava.html

Link didn't work!

It works for me....but you need a lava lamp to read the page...horrible
contrast!

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

Jason N Beck

the replacement cartridges are availble from the mathmos web site at about
£19.00 each

Richard

mike wrote:

My daughter is a little bit (:-O) annoyed that her younger brother had shaken
her Lava lamp and now it looks like a snow storm! (sigh). Just leaving it to
settle doesn't seem to have worked. Is there an way to get the blobs to re-form
into big blobs again? I thought maybe a centrifuge,... then again...

No solution. Buy a new bottle from Mathmos, assuming its a mathmos
lava lamp and not one of those cheap imitations.
Richard

Vokera Excell 80E overheat problem anon UK diy 1 December 3rd 03 04:26 PM
Combi DHW output problem Neil UK diy 0 December 2nd 03 09:44 PM
Combi DHW output problem Neil UK diy 0 December 2nd 03 09:36 PM
100mm extractor hood ducting problem PoP UK diy 5 November 18th 03 10:07 PM
Boiler Problem Gradually Getting Worse Frank Davis UK diy 1 October 23rd 03 10:00 PM