Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Energy prices to rise?

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...gy-content-top
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/29/2016 7:01 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...gy-content-top

Your FIT has to be paid somehow.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 10/29/2016 7:01 AM, harry wrote:

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...gy-content-top

Your FIT has to be paid somehow.

Does it actually need stating that if the pound falls in value
significantly, the price of most imports will go up?

But it probably does. To BEXITEERS. Who don't seem to understand imports
and exports.

--
*I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 23:01:04 -0700, harry wrote:

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric.../21/gb-energy-

thirty-percent-price-rise/?
ref=email~insight~161028~uswitch&utm_campaign=insi ght&utm_content=161028&utm_medium=email&utm_source =uswitch&utm_term=energy-
content-top

Yes, it's all those wind farm subsidies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/29/2016 12:00 PM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 10/29/2016 7:01 AM, harry wrote:

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...gy-content-top

Your FIT has to be paid somehow.

Does it actually need stating that if the pound falls in value
significantly, the price of most imports will go up?

But it probably does. To BEXITEERS. Who don't seem to understand imports
and exports.

Not that I am a Brexiter, but I did wonder whether the falling pound
encouraged the Nissan investment decision, since this should counteract
any likely tariff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 10/29/2016 7:01 AM, harry wrote:

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...gy-content-top

Your FIT has to be paid somehow.

Does it actually need stating that if the pound falls in
value significantly, the price of most imports will go up?

**** all of British energy supplied by them uses imported fuel.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

web.com...

newshound wrote:
On 10/29/2016 7:01 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...gy-content-top

Your FIT has to be paid somehow.

Does it actually need stating that if the pound falls in
value significantly, the price of most imports will go up?

**** all of British energy supplied by them uses imported fuel.

Only most of it.

BULL**** with electricity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Judging by several radio and tv documentaries recently, the government needs
to actually allow renewable the same terms as Nuclear has been given or
nobody is going to invest in tidal schemes or any new ventures or even
storage development.
One cannot surely have one law for one and another for the rest. It will
end in undercapacity and we will miss our carbon reduction targets by miles
and have to buy in expensive power from what will be, by then outside of our
borders ie the eu.

There seems to be a lot of fuzzy thinking going on in the energy department.
yes it is going to cost more as this subsidy will in the end, end but
really, in order to keep energy security, we now have to build more tidal
and other renewable systems, as often they can bebrought on line faster than
Nuclear or most other carbon generating gas systems.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"newshound" wrote in message
On 10/29/2016 7:01 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...gy-content-top

Your FIT has to be paid somehow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Judging by several radio and tv documentaries recently, the government
needs to actually allow renewable the same terms as Nuclear has been given
or nobody is going to invest in tidal schemes

And those shouldn’t be invested in, because they are stupid
and **** the environment very comprehensively indeed.
Complete waste of money and just jack up the price of electricity.

or any new ventures or even torage development.

That shouldn’t happen either unless they
are viable without govt encouragement.

One cannot surely have one law for one and another for the rest.

Even sillier than you usually manage. What matters is
what makes sense power generation wise for the country.

It will end in undercapacity

Not if enough nuclear power generation is encouraged.

and we will miss our carbon reduction targets by miles

Not if enough nuclear power generation is encouraged.

and have to buy in expensive power from what will be, by then outside of
our borders ie the eu.

Not if enough nuclear power generation is encouraged.

There seems to be a lot of fuzzy thinking going on in the energy
department.

You're doing that yourself.

yes it is going to cost more as this subsidy will in the end, end but
really, in order to keep energy security, we now have to build more tidal
and other renewable systems,

Nope, more nukes.

as often they can bebrought on line faster than Nuclear

Makes more sense to bring on nukes faster.

or most other carbon generating gas systems.

Nukes don’t do that.

"newshound" wrote in message
On 10/29/2016 7:01 AM, harry wrote:
https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...gy-content-top

Your FIT has to be paid somehow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/10/16 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Judging by several radio and tv documentaries recently, the government needs
to actually allow renewable the same terms as Nuclear has been given or
nobody is going to invest in tidal schemes or any new ventures or even
storage development.

WEll that is a desirable outcome. Investment in tidal/renewable/batty
pixie dust storage is a waste of our money.

Renwable already gets MOTE than nuclear does.

One cannot surely have one law for one and another for the rest. It will
end in undercapacity and we will miss our carbon reduction targets by miles
and have to buy in expensive power from what will be, by then outside of our
borders ie the eu.

All the government has to do is get the hell out of the industry, or at
least stop wasting money on subsisdising lost causes.

There seems to be a lot of fuzzy thinking going on in the energy department.

You can say that again.

yes it is going to cost more as this subsidy will in the end, end but
really, in order to keep energy security, we now have to build more tidal
and other renewable systems, as often they can bebrought on line faster than
Nuclear or most other carbon generating gas systems.
Brian

No, we should not build a single renewable energy system ever again,
with public money.

20 nuclear power stations, maybe.

Lucas Bergkamp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff
writes
Judging by several radio and tv documentaries recently, the government needs
to actually allow renewable the same terms as Nuclear has been given or
nobody is going to invest in tidal schemes or any new ventures or even
storage development.

Good
One cannot surely have one law for one and another for the rest. It will
end in undercapacity and we will miss our carbon reduction targets by miles

Who cares?

and have to buy in expensive power from what will be, by then outside of our
borders ie the eu.

Build our own nukes then we can sell to them
There seems to be a lot of fuzzy thinking going on in the energy department.

Has been for the last 40 years or more.

yes it is going to cost more as this subsidy will in the end, end but
really, in order to keep energy security, we now have to build more tidal
and other renewable systems,

Build nukes
as often they can bebrought on line faster than
Nuclear

Don't judge every nuke scheme by Hinkley.
or most other carbon generating gas systems.
Brian

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/10/2016 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Judging by several radio and tv documentaries recently, the government needs
to actually allow renewable the same terms as Nuclear has been given or
nobody is going to invest in tidal schemes or any new ventures or even
storage development.
One cannot surely have one law for one and another for the rest. It will
end in undercapacity and we will miss our carbon reduction targets by miles
and have to buy in expensive power from what will be, by then outside of our
borders ie the eu.

But Brian, Nuclear helps hit our carbon reduction targets. And it works
on a cold dark windless night...

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Vir
Campestris writes
On 30/10/2016 09:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
Judging by several radio and tv documentaries recently, the government needs
to actually allow renewable the same terms as Nuclear has been given or
nobody is going to invest in tidal schemes or any new ventures or even
storage development.
One cannot surely have one law for one and another for the rest. It will
end in undercapacity and we will miss our carbon reduction targets by miles
and have to buy in expensive power from what will be, by then outside of our
borders ie the eu.

But Brian, Nuclear helps hit our carbon reduction targets. And it works
on a cold dark windless night...

Andy

It also works at high and low tides
--
bert

Comparison of energy prices David UK diy 13 April 29th 16 02:44 PM
Compare energy prices, please Stormin Mormon[_10_] Home Repair 11 January 19th 15 01:27 PM
Energy Prices harryagain[_2_] UK diy 78 November 18th 13 08:37 AM
Eon Energy: estimated readings on price rise date, ignoring customerreading Allan UK diy 12 May 7th 11 06:20 PM
High Energy Prices? A Veteran for Peace Home Repair 4 January 18th 06 05:44 PM