Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Compare energy prices, please

Saturday Jan 17, 2015

A couple years ago, a man with a clip board came
down my street, asking people to sign up for
Energetix power supply company. Said they were
cheaper than the local utility company. I signed
up, and was pleased for the saving.

A year or two later, I compared prices and find
they are (now) noticably higher. I called a
couple other companies. Find out that with Noco,
I could have paid about $103 less, on my last
month's bill. So, I switched.

If you live in area where there are different
energy providers, it may be a big savings to
compare, and change providers.

They can't switch over till the next meter read
(and maybe not then), so it's 9 F bone numbing
cold today and I'm still paying the higher rate.

Makes me wonder what else, I'm paying too much?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Saturday Jan 17, 2015

A couple years ago, a man with a clip board came
down my street, asking people to sign up for
Energetix power supply company. Said they were
cheaper than the local utility company. I signed
up, and was pleased for the saving.

A year or two later, I compared prices and find
they are (now) noticably higher. I called a
couple other companies. Find out that with Noco,
I could have paid about $103 less, on my last
month's bill. So, I switched.

If you live in area where there are different
energy providers, it may be a big savings to
compare, and change providers.

They can't switch over till the next meter read
(and maybe not then), so it's 9 F bone numbing
cold today and I'm still paying the higher rate.

Makes me wonder what else, I'm paying too much?

your phone bill? They offer you a deal that is good for one year, and each
year you have to call them and tell them you can't afford the new price, you
will have to start shopping around, etc. and then they give you a new deal
good for a year. You have to put all this stuff on your calendar.

property taxes? Check and see if there are any components that you may be
exempt from as a senior citizen or something. Some parcel taxes work this
way (they buy the votes of the senior citizens to put it over the top -
representation without taxation!)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Saturday Jan 17, 2015

A couple years ago, a man with a clip board came
down my street, asking people to sign up for
Energetix power supply company. Said they were
cheaper than the local utility company. I signed
up, and was pleased for the saving.

A year or two later, I compared prices and find
they are (now) noticably higher. I called a
couple other companies. Find out that with Noco,
I could have paid about $103 less, on my last
month's bill. So, I switched.

I heard you have a similar story regarding women.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/17/2015 8:34 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Saturday Jan 17, 2015

A couple years ago, a man with a clip board came
down my street, asking people to sign up for
Energetix power supply company. Said they were
cheaper than the local utility company. I signed
up, and was pleased for the saving.

A year or two later, I compared prices and find
they are (now) noticably higher. I called a
couple other companies. Find out that with Noco,
I could have paid about $103 less, on my last
month's bill. So, I switched.

The energy providers here in CT can be found on a web site so you can do
the comparisons. You do have to be careful and watch out for yourself.
Some of the rates are 90 days, others 1 year fixed. The reputable
companies will go up a little bit after the contract expires, but some
of the sleazy ones that offer a low teaser will triple or more after 90
days. Reputable companies have no cancellation fees.

I only bother looking at the plans from Con Ed, Dominion, etc and skip
the teasers from Bob's Really Good Electric.

In CT go to
http://www.energizect.com/compare-energy-suppliers

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jed Jed is offline

I'm lucky to be served by AEP. Great prices and service! **** those sleazy middlemen.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/17/2015 9:13 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

Makes me wonder what else, I'm paying too much?

your phone bill? They offer you a deal that is good for one year, and each
year you have to call them and tell them you can't afford the new price, you
will have to start shopping around, etc. and then they give you a new deal
good for a year. You have to put all this stuff on your calendar.

I asked about my cell phone bill. Turns out I was
on unlimited text messages. I send about ten a
month. Went to 400 per month, and saved about $13 a
month off the phone bill.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
On 1/17/2015 9:13 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

Makes me wonder what else, I'm paying too much?

your phone bill? They offer you a deal that is good for one year, and
each
year you have to call them and tell them you can't afford the new price,
you
will have to start shopping around, etc. and then they give you a new
deal
good for a year. You have to put all this stuff on your calendar.

I asked about my cell phone bill. Turns out I was
on unlimited text messages. I send about ten a
month. Went to 400 per month, and saved about $13 a
month off the phone bill.

And my commission is what percent again? I guess I should have gotten it in
writing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 18, 2015 at 7:52:52 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/17/2015 9:13 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

Makes me wonder what else, I'm paying too much?

your phone bill? They offer you a deal that is good for one year, and each
year you have to call them and tell them you can't afford the new price, you
will have to start shopping around, etc. and then they give you a new deal
good for a year. You have to put all this stuff on your calendar.

I asked about my cell phone bill. Turns out I was
on unlimited text messages. I send about ten a
month. Went to 400 per month, and saved about $13 a
month off the phone bill.

That must be an unusual cell phone plan. Most of them are unlimited
voice and text now, even Verizon is down to $45 for unlimited V, T,
and I think 500MB of data on their prepaid plans. Other major carriers have
similar, with 1GB of data for $35 to $45. And if you have limited usage,
there are plans for $7 to $25 that can give you a reasonable amount of
V,T, D.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/18/2015 8:37 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
I asked about my cell phone bill. Turns out I was
on unlimited text messages. I send about ten a
month. Went to 400 per month, and saved about $13 a
month off the phone bill.

And my commission is what percent again? I guess I should have gotten it in
writing.

Did the cell phone bill last year, so
that only applies in the world of
government, or accountants.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/18/2015 8:50 AM, trader_4 wrote:
That must be an unusual cell phone plan. Most of them are unlimited
voice and text now, even Verizon is down to $45 for unlimited V, T,
and I think 500MB of data on their prepaid plans. Other major carriers have
similar, with 1GB of data for $35 to $45. And if you have limited usage,
there are plans for $7 to $25 that can give you a reasonable amount of
V,T, D.

I should check on that. I'm on Verizon,
maybe I can save some money on my VD?

-
..
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
.. www.lds.org
..
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/18/2015 9:18 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/18/2015 8:50 AM, trader_4 wrote:
That must be an unusual cell phone plan. Most of them are unlimited
voice and text now, even Verizon is down to $45 for unlimited V, T,
and I think 500MB of data on their prepaid plans. Other major carriers have
similar, with 1GB of data for $35 to $45. And if you have limited usage,
there are plans for $7 to $25 that can give you a reasonable amount of
V,T, D.

I should check on that. I'm on Verizon,
maybe I can save some money on my VD?

Sounds like with your usage patterns you need their STD plan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/18/2015 9:43 AM, Pthirus Pubis wrote:

I should check on that. I'm on Verizon,
maybe I can save some money on my VD?

Sounds like with your usage patterns you need their STD plan.

I'll have to go to my local Verizon
store, and ask about getting STD
through them.

Wonder if they have suitable usage,