Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Compare energy prices, please

On 1/17/2015 8:34 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Saturday Jan 17, 2015

A couple years ago, a man with a clip board came
down my street, asking people to sign up for
Energetix power supply company. Said they were
cheaper than the local utility company. I signed
up, and was pleased for the saving.

A year or two later, I compared prices and find
they are (now) noticably higher. I called a
couple other companies. Find out that with Noco,
I could have paid about $103 less, on my last
month's bill. So, I switched.

The energy providers here in CT can be found on a web site so you can do
the comparisons. You do have to be careful and watch out for yourself.
Some of the rates are 90 days, others 1 year fixed. The reputable
companies will go up a little bit after the contract expires, but some
of the sleazy ones that offer a low teaser will triple or more after 90
days. Reputable companies have no cancellation fees.

I only bother looking at the plans from Con Ed, Dominion, etc and skip
the teasers from Bob's Really Good Electric.

In CT go to
http://www.energizect.com/compare-energy-suppliers