Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Just had this small extension to first dropped on me

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And squashed you so flat we can't even see
the squashed remains sticking out the front.

ARW wrote

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2016 21:33, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

What a horrible property. Fancy spending all that money on a place like
that.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

Do they want cornice lighting too?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2016 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html

How does it clean into the corners of windows?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW writes:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

I'm looking at that, and expecting it to have 500 50W GU10 downlighters...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2016 08:30, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html

How does it clean into the corners of windows?

No answer from you yet, Simon?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message
On 26/10/2016 08:30, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html

How does it clean into the corners of windows?

No answer from you yet, Simon?

He's still recovering from the hangover.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2016 09:30, Rod Speed wrote:

"Bod" wrote in message
On 26/10/2016 08:30, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html

How does it clean into the corners of windows?

No answer from you yet, Simon?

He's still recovering from the hangover.

Perhaps Simon has round windows :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/16 21:33, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

You will be polished up for Kevin's film crew?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message
On 26/10/2016 08:30, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---
software.

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html

How does it clean into the corners of windows?

No answer from you yet, Simon?

He's still recovering from the hangover.

Perhaps Simon has round windows :-)

We know he hasnt. He posted a picture of the front of his place.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

Zooming-in to the bottom right corner, with the new grey blocks, the
neighbour's wall, ladder and angled downpipe, was it designed by M.C Escher?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Caspersz wrote
ARW wrote

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

You will be polished up for Kevin's film crew?

Not possible to polish a turd, stupid.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
ARW wrote:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

Zooming-in to the bottom right corner, with the new grey blocks, the
neighbour's wall, ladder and angled downpipe, was it designed by M.C
Escher?

And the wall passed the stairs is typical ****ed british brickwork.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2016 10:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote
ARW wrote

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

You will be polished up for Kevin's film crew?

Not possible to polish a turd, stupid.

Fun watching someone try though.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

It's interesting that the left hand side is sloping in by abut 15 degrees
and by designing odd shaped windows and doors it is upright by the middle!
Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping for a design award or
the shoddy building work?

:-)

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26-Oct-16 10:15 AM, Rod Speed wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote
ARW wrote

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

You will be polished up for Kevin's film crew?

Not possible to polish a turd, stupid.

Untrue, although they do need to be fossilised first.

http://www.mrwoodsfossils.co.uk/product.php?prod=249

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/16 10:46, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 10:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote
ARW wrote

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

You will be polished up for Kevin's film crew?

Not possible to polish a turd, stupid.

Fun watching someone try though.

Before you go there, google 'polished coprolite images';

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:30:52 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html

How does it clean into the corners of windows?

I will make a video of it in action when I have the time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 09:30:57 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Bod" wrote in message
On 26/10/2016 08:30, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html

How does it clean into the corners of windows?

No answer from you yet, Simon?

He's still recovering from the hangover.

I got up at 0400 and at 1000 took my car in to have a DAB radio/antenna fitted. Then I walked to HRI to give the physios who helped me walk again a tin of Celebrations and did not get back until 1400.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 8:02:25 AM UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

Self-cleaning glass is the answer. I rather like it.

Jonathan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2016 11:49, Alan Dawes wrote:
It's interesting that the left hand side is sloping in by abut 15 degrees
and by designing odd shaped windows and doors it is upright by the middle!
Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping for a design award or
the shoddy building work?

That's just the perspective effect of tilting the camera upwards. Notice
that the next door houses both appear to be leaning in to the centre of
the picture. The effect looks more noticeable on the left than on the
right but that's due to the camera leaning slightly down to the left. If
you rotate the photo anticlockwise a little to get the horizontals
correct it's more evenly balanced each side.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/10/2016 15:39, Mike Clarke wrote:
On 26/10/2016 11:49, Alan Dawes wrote:
It's interesting that the left hand side is sloping in by abut 15 degrees
and by designing odd shaped windows and doors it is upright by the
middle!
Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping for a design award or
the shoddy building work?

That's just the perspective effect of tilting the camera upwards. Notice
that the next door houses both appear to be leaning in to the centre of
the picture. The effect looks more noticeable on the left than on the
right but that's due to the camera leaning slightly down to the left. If
you rotate the photo anticlockwise a little to get the horizontals
correct it's more evenly balanced each side.

You would think that with the excess of pixels available these days
people would hold the camera upright and crop the foreground out.

When will someone put a shift lens in a phone?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Alan Dawes wrote:

Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping for a design
award or the shoddy building work?

Looks like the yard will turn into a free swimming-pool first time they
get some decent rain ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Clarke wrote:
On 26/10/2016 11:49, Alan Dawes wrote:
It's interesting that the left hand side is sloping in by abut 15
degrees and by designing odd shaped windows and doors it is upright by
the middle! Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping for a
design award or the shoddy building work?

That's just the perspective effect of tilting the camera upwards. Notice
that the next door houses both appear to be leaning in to the centre of
the picture. The effect looks more noticeable on the left than on the
right but that's due to the camera leaning slightly down to the left. If
you rotate the photo anticlockwise a little to get the horizontals
correct it's more evenly balanced each side.

In your quote you left off the "smiley" I put at the end. I did realise
that it was due to lens distortion,

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Adrian Caspersz wrote
ARW wrote

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

You will be polished up for Kevin's film crew?

Not possible to polish a turd, stupid.

Untrue, although they do need to be fossilised first.

http://www.mrwoodsfossils.co.uk/product.php?prod=249

That isnt a turd, it’s a fossilised turd, stupid.

Even Adam isnt actually fossilised yet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

Amazing they got planning permission to build out in front of the building line.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 16:29:25 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Alan Dawes wrote:

Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping for a design
award or the shoddy building work?

Looks like the yard will turn into a free swimming-pool first time they
get some decent rain ...

Now you mention it.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...023_104554.jpg

The bit on the left did flood when it rained.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 07:48:30 -0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
ARW writes:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

I'm looking at that, and expecting it to have 500 50W GU10 downlighters...

It's all LED now:-)

The master bedroom has a vaulted ceiling and I am sure they will fit
down lighters into the KingSpan destroying the insulation values
instead of the nice LED strip lights I fitted on a vaulted ceiling
where the customer was prepared to take a risk and try my suggestion.

This one

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...ltednight1.jpg

although the digital camera does not give a real view of what it looks
like to the eye. There is a much more balanced spread of light when
looked at with an eye and not on a photo.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

"Bod" wrote in message
On 26/10/2016 08:30, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 08:02:25 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 07:56, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

What a hideous place!

Great if you love cleaning windows, but yes, yuk!

I have a spare one of these if he wants it.

http://www.robotshop.com/uk/hobot-mu...ing-robot.html

How does it clean into the corners of windows?

No answer from you yet, Simon?

He's still recovering from the hangover.

Perhaps Simon has round windows :-)

So the turds can exit without obstruction?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

harry Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:33:46 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

---

Amazing they got planning permission to build out in front of the building line.

You think that's an extension?!
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 12:48:05 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 26/10/16 10:46, Bod wrote:
On 26/10/2016 10:15, Rod Speed wrote:
Adrian Caspersz wrote
ARW wrote

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

You will be polished up for Kevin's film crew?

Not possible to polish a turd, stupid.

Fun watching someone try though.

Before you go there, google 'polished coprolite images';

That's just weird.

--
Do you know what a Jewish dilemma is?
Free ham.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message
On 26/10/2016 08:30, Bod wrote:
[...]

Not a good enough excuse. If you had had enough of a clue
to have a decent smartphone, you could have used NewsTap
and replied to him while walking to HRI to hand over the tin
of Celebrations.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Alan Dawes wrote:

Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping for a design
award or the shoddy building work?

Looks like the yard will turn into a free swimming-pool first time they
get some decent rain ...

Now you mention it.

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...023_104554.jpg

****ing hell, what is with the weird block work,
those what should be half blocks up the outer
edge of that wall. ****ing bizarre.

The bit on the left did flood when it rained.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Alan Dawes" wrote in message
In article ,
ARW wrote:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/b/b...023_104516.jpg

That's going to need a few hundred metres of T&E

It's interesting that the left hand side is sloping in by abut 15 degrees

Can't see that at all.

and by designing odd shaped windows and doors it is upright by the middle!

Or that either. You sure its not just distortion by
the camera, with the shot taken rather too close ?

Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping
for a design award or the shoddy building work?

:-)

Or an illusion.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 18:19:32 +0100, Alan Dawes wrote:

In article ,
Mike Clarke wrote:
On 26/10/2016 11:49, Alan Dawes wrote:
It's interesting that the left hand side is sloping in by abut 15
degrees and by designing odd shaped windows and doors it is upright
by the middle! Was this by the arty design of the architect hoping
for a design award or the shoddy building work?

That's just the perspective effect of tilting the camera upwards.
Notice that the next door houses both appear to be leaning in to the
centre of the picture. The effect looks more noticeable on the left
than on the right but that's due to the camera leaning slightly down to
the left. If you rotate the photo anticlockwise a little to get the
horizontals correct it's more evenly balanced each side.

In your quote you left off the "smiley" I put at the end. I did realise
that it was due to lens distortion,

It isn't. It's due to perspective distortion (in particular, tilting
verticals) due to not arranging as previously mentioned, standing square
on from a distance suitable to frame enough of the area of interest
whilst keeping the focal plane of the camera (the camera back is parallel
to the focal plane in most cases) parallel in both horizontal and
vertical planes with respect to the building's frontage.

The main problem when using an ordinary camera from such a low down
position, as indicated in the picture, is you'll be including an awful
lot of unwanted foreground (as was also mentioned) in the lower half of
the picture, effectively wasting some three quarters or more of the
sensor pixels. If you're using a 16MPxl camera on a shot where 4Mpxl's
worth of resolution is more than ample in the final cropped image, this
can be a very cost effective alternative to investing in a special tilt
lens / swing back architectural camera. :-)

--
Johnny B Good