Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Operation "welcome home" completed - Extension project so far.

The weekend saw the final phase (NPI) of my extension wire-up completed.
this last section involved hooking up a few new light circuits to the
existing wiring. The basic stuff was simple but this section also
involved my goal of having a duskdawn sensor running some sofit lights
with a PIR and a dimmer.
Final re-jig of some connections and we now have subtle 5W LED sofit
downlighters outside dimmed to the lowest setting possible that keeps
them all illuminated giving a nice ambience to the building but they're
bought up to full power on PIR being triggered before dimming back to
the warm glow after PIR times out.
What's more, the hall switch turns off the DuskDawn sensor in the "off"
position leaving no lights until the PIR does it's thing as per regular
outside lights so those obsessed with switching off lights don't leave
me struggling to find the keys when the street lights turn off. Works to
perfection.
Thanks for those that fed some ideas (like PIR on a perm. Live not
switched etc.)

Nice to tick of another job from the list.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 00:51:46 UTC+1, Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) wrote:
[...]

An explanation of how to do it could go on the wiki if you like.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 13:25:08 UTC+1, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:
On 25/10/2016 10:40, tabbypurr wrote:

Nice to tick of another job from the list.

An explanation of how to do it could go on the wiki if you like.

I'll try and do a drawing later but it's just a permanent live (common)
and switched live (L1) from light switch through a fan isolation switch
ceiling height close to light switch (optional but handy). Switched live
goes into Dusk-to-Dawn sensor and permanent live to PIR.
The output of Dusk to Dawn goes via an LED dimmer and meets up with the
output of the PIR both of which then feed the Outdoor lights.

Connect all neutrals back into the neutral on the same lighting "ring"

The dimmer and "junction box" are in the garage ceiling next to PIR and
D2D so once set can remain out of the way but still tweakable if more
lights are added which might affect dimming level.

Cool. Many casual diyers don't even realise it's possible. A nice picture of it in action is always good.

NT