Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PING: Unca George: Recommendation of "Turret Mill Operation" byJohn G. Edwards

Unca George. I read your book recommendation with great interest. I
found some references to "Turret Mill Operation" on google. These
sites returned a price of $42.95 but were also marked "out of stock".

By searching yahoo, I did find two of them available, used, in paper
back. However, the price spread was from $929 to $999 abdullahs!

Can this possibly be right? Or have I stepped off into the twilight
zone of paperback book values?

Thanks. Vernon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I can sell you mine if you want, for less than $42.95 (say $25).

On 2008-10-26, Vernon wrote:
Unca George. I read your book recommendation with great interest. I
found some references to "Turret Mill Operation" on google. These
sites returned a price of $42.95 but were also marked "out of stock".

By searching yahoo, I did find two of them available, used, in paper
back. However, the price spread was from $929 to $999 abdullahs!

Can this possibly be right? Or have I stepped off into the twilight
zone of paperback book values?

Thanks. Vernon

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 20:05:17 -0700 (PDT), Vernon
wrote:

Unca George. I read your book recommendation with great interest. I
found some references to "Turret Mill Operation" on google. These
sites returned a price of $42.95 but were also marked "out of stock".

By searching yahoo, I did find two of them available, used, in paper
back. However, the price spread was from $929 to $999 abdullahs!

Can this possibly be right? Or have I stepped off into the twilight
zone of paperback book values?

Thanks. Vernon

===========
Publisher is Hanser Gardner. They show out of stock. As far as
the used book sellers go, they might not sell many at that price,
but then again they don't need to.
https://www.hansergardner.com/dp/hgw...20&fn=John%20G.
https://www.hansergardner.com/dp/hgw...=1-56990-273-9
https://www.hansergardner.com/dp/hgw...=1-56990-340-9

for some other books also see
http://mcduffee-associates.us/machin...ning_books.htm

for used books I have had good luck with
http://www.alibris.com/

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--
* *Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention
* * * to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating

Iggy, Thank you. I would love to have it. If paypal works for you
it works for me! V