Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chalk paint

I have heard lots about chalk paint and am hoping to paint some of my pine
furniture with it.
But I would also like to use it on my bannister. It has been varnished wit
has a dark gingery colour (some sort of antique pine, I think ). Do you
think chalk paint would be suitable for this as well? I'm hoping to avoid too
much prep as it will be very time consuming.
Many thanks

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...t-1162440-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 October 2016 15:14:03 UTC+1, Adrianne wrote:

I have heard lots about chalk paint and am hoping to paint some of my pine
furniture with it.
But I would also like to use it on my bannister. It has been varnished wit
has a dark gingery colour (some sort of antique pine, I think ). Do you
think chalk paint would be suitable for this as well? I'm hoping to avoid too
much prep as it will be very time consuming.
Many thanks

chalky paint isn't at all easy to clean, so I wouldn't. Stick with alkyd gloss or varnish.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to tabbypurr, Adrianne wrote:
Aah, okay, yes thanks, hadn't thought of that.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...t-1162440-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 17 October 2016 21:44:03 UTC+1, Adrianne wrote:
replying to tabbypurr, Adrianne wrote:
Aah, okay, yes thanks, hadn't thought of that.

Welcome to the news:uk.d-i-y newsgroup. I'd recommend using a sane portal to reach this newsgroup, the one you're using is famous for causing its users nothing but problems.

NT

Washable spray paint, powder, or chalk? Prof Wonmug Home Repair 8 May 21st 09 04:44 AM
Chalk Questions Tom[_18_] Home Repair 10 October 16th 08 04:28 PM
Who sells chalk? mike[_7_] UK diy 38 June 10th 08 02:13 PM
Chalk line - how to use it? [email protected] Home Repair 21 October 3rd 06 12:30 AM
A Piece Of Chalk Lew Hodgett Woodworking 4 October 2nd 06 02:06 AM