Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Saw Blade

Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small occasional jobs I may have for one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/16/2016 4:24 PM, Weatherlawyer wrote:
Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small occasional jobs I may have for one.

I'm sure I have seen grinder blades for jigsaws, presumably for tiles.
Never seen one for a sabre saw, is that what you mean? One type of tile
cutter is just a table saw with a diamond disk.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote:
Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small occasional jobs I may have for one.

Grinding discs come as 4.5", 5", 9" with 22mm bore. Not likely to fit
your saw.
Also the blade guard might well be plastic and so unsuitable for use
with abrasive discs.
An occasional use angle grinder is stupidly cheap new so use the right
tool for the job.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 October 2016 16:24:19 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:

Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw.

with no details who knows. Often.

I have apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small occasional jobs I may have for one.

AGs do 11-13 krpm, saws a few krpm. It won't work.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have
apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days
of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small
occasional jobs I may have for one.

The answer is maybe. If you can find disks with the same size hole or an
adaptor. 'They' do try and make these things as difficult as possible.

--
*If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2016 16:24, Weatherlawyer wrote:
Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small occasional jobs I may have for one.

What difference will it be to your descendants whether you leave them an
angle grinder or a few extra quid?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have
apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days
of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small
occasional jobs I may have for one.

The answer is maybe. If you can find disks with the same size hole or an
adaptor. 'They' do try and make these things as difficult as possible.

I imagine fitting a grinding disc to a circular saw could make the
remaining few days of your life even fewer.....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David Lang" wrote in message
In article ,
Weatherlawyer wrote:
Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have
apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days
of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder for the small
occasional jobs I may have for one.

The answer is maybe. If you can find disks with the same size hole or an
adaptor. 'They' do try and make these things as difficult as possible.

I imagine fitting a grinding disc to a circular saw could make the
remaining few days of your life even fewer.....

You're wrong. I do it all the time, for cutting both steel and masonry,
obviously with a different disk and it’s a cutting disk not a grinding disk.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 16 October 2016 23:14:00 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message
Weatherlawyer wrote:

snips

Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I have
apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days
of my life.

I imagine fitting a grinding disc to a circular saw could make the
remaining few days of your life even fewer.....

At 3-4krpm? I doubt it.

You're wrong. I do it all the time, for cutting both steel and masonry,
obviously with a different disk and its a cutting disk not a grinding disk.

Must be slow going. Glad I can afford an AG.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
David Lang wrote:
The answer is maybe. If you can find disks with the same size hole or
an adaptor. 'They' do try and make these things as difficult as
possible.

I imagine fitting a grinding disc to a circular saw could make the
remaining few days of your life even fewer.....

Why? Much easier to control a circular saw type device than an angle
grinder. The bed keeps it square to the work, for a start. And has better
guards.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sunday, 16 October 2016 23:14:00 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message
Weatherlawyer wrote:

snips

Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I
have
apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few
days
of my life.

I imagine fitting a grinding disc to a circular saw could make the
remaining few days of your life even fewer.....

At 3-4krpm? I doubt it.

You're wrong. I do it all the time, for cutting both steel and masonry,
obviously with a different disk and its a cutting disk not a grinding
disk.

Must be slow going.

Nope.

Glad I can afford an AG.

I have three of those too. The circular saw is in a diy thing
I designed myself that turns it into a cutoff saw and I have
since now got 3 cutoff saws as well, all of which I use with
a cutting disk in them to cut steel and masonry. MUCH
better result accuracy of cut wise than an angle grinder
which has a much thicker disk that doesnt work anything
like as well accuracy of cut wise.

Never ever lost even a single cutting disk either
and I built the whole ****ing house that way with
vast amounts of steel cut that way because I'm
not into using wood at all except for shelves and
the rafters immediately under the metal decking.

And I cut the metal decking that way too, with the
cutting disk in the circular saw. Leaves an angle
grinder for dead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sunday, 16 October 2016 23:14:00 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"David Lang" wrote in message
Weatherlawyer wrote:

snips

Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw. I
have
apair of saws that I am unlikely to use much in the remaining few days
of my life.

I imagine fitting a grinding disc to a circular saw could make the
remaining few days of your life even fewer.....

At 3-4krpm? I doubt it.

You're wrong. I do it all the time, for cutting both steel and masonry,
obviously with a different disk and it's a cutting disk not a grinding
disk.

Must be slow going. Glad I can afford an AG.

Yebut, superdick can afford them since he gets them from yard sales for
peanuts.
You haven't been following, have you?
LMFAO
Superdicks home -
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/B3YWND/geog...lum-B3YWND.jpg
Picture taken on the odd occasion when he washed some clothes.
Those paint stirrers (clothes agitators) are a boon -
http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/vi..._WHISK_PADDLE/
peanuts from yard sales.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote

Is it possible to get or fit a grinder blade to an electric saw.

A steel or masonry cutting disk, sure.

I have apair of saws that I am unlikely to use
much in the remaining few days of my life.

I can see no reason to go and get an angle grinder
for the small occasional jobs I may have for one.

The cutting disk in a circular saw works very well
for some things, but there are also other things
where an angle grinder works a lot better.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Remaining few days?

death by grinder is a messy business!

He's talking about death by electric saw.

Certainly a much more messy business with
a grinder blade than the original saw blade.

And not necessarily very effective either.

Mate of mine was in the industrial workshop one sunday
when he thought that one of the employees looked odd
as he walked towards him thru the workshop.

Turned out the loony had taken the biblical exhortation
'if thine hand offends the, cut it off' literally and did that,
with a radial arm saw. My mate reconed that they should
have sewed it back on again backwards to teach him a lesson.

The loony later killed his defacto's 3 year old who was
presumably his own kid, with the kid cowering in the
corner behind the toilet when the loony had decided
that the kid was the devil incarnate.

Not exactly a great situation for the little kid.

This one looks almost as loony.