Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CCTV Advice

On 23/10/2016 15:25, Adam Aglionby wrote:
On Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 7:55:38 PM UTC+1, dennis@home
wrote:
On 22/10/2016 11:06, wrote:

Is there any differnce in the captured video in any way?

There can be, I have some 5M pixel cameras and you don't get them
on analogue. You are lucky to get 1920x1080 on analogue. analogue
960H is not HD.

BTW I am getting some progress with stacking for number plates,
it's only on parked cars at present and you seem to need about 20
frames. This is with a series of images with a 6mm focal length
camera at 20m.

Own view is that sticking cams on poles has a deterrent effect ,
along with IR illuminators that act as almost an attractant.

Cams went on poles cause they used to be expensive, heavy, whacking
great boxes with poor senitivity, big power requirements and big
lenses.

Modern cam can be crammed into something a lot smaller than a
matchbox, with a pinhole or slightly above lens aperture,needing a
single slim cable.

You can't get good resolution with pinhole lenses as they are limited by
diffraction. Its a linear relation so a pinhole will have much less
resolution than an F2 50 mm lens. Basically forget HD with pinhole lenses.

Sensitivity with current starlight series cams means with any
ambient, IR illumnination may not be neccesary.

I have a starlight camera and its not very good if the subject is moving.
They stack frames to build up an image and if the frames are different
you get smudged images.

CCTV (again) www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] UK diy 32 May 3rd 16 11:53 PM
cctv, dvr, kamera cctv bisnis online Home Repair 2 August 4th 08 04:37 PM
CCTV mogga UK diy 24 November 11th 06 10:56 AM
CCTV Advice Needed For Home Security ioan_davies UK diy 37 February 19th 06 06:00 PM
CCTV tony sayer UK diy 1 July 3rd 03 12:25 PM