Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plume management

Hmmm...Extension built, now the exhaust from the Worcester boiler steams the bedroom window up. Also, I wouldn't like to have the window open.
So, a plume management kit looks like the thing to do.
Any thoughts on fitting this myself? If I follow the guidance on max length, number of bends etc, any pitfalls? Certain death etc?
Your thoughts would be welcome.
Ta
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/2/2016 7:46 PM, David wrote:
Hmmm...Extension built, now the exhaust from the Worcester boiler steams the bedroom window up. Also, I wouldn't like to have the window open.
So, a plume management kit looks like the thing to do.
Any thoughts on fitting this myself? If I follow the guidance on max length, number of bends etc, any pitfalls? Certain death etc?
Your thoughts would be welcome.
Ta
David

If you follow the (pretty simple) guidelines you should be OK. I guess
perhaps if you have funny eddies around your building because of unusual
geometry you might want to move it a bit further than the standard
minimum distance? Mine is legal but not far from the window, and I have
never seen any sign of misting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/10/2016 19:46, David wrote:

Hmmm...Extension built, now the exhaust from the Worcester boiler steams the bedroom window up. Also, I wouldn't like to have the window open.
So, a plume management kit looks like the thing to do.
Any thoughts on fitting this myself? If I follow the guidance on max length, number of bends etc, any pitfalls? Certain death etc?

Pay particular attention to making sure the inner seats in the socket
sections correctly and does not dislodge any seals as you push them in
(it helps to chamfer the edges). Also make sure you screw through the
sections to join them when instructed to make sure they can't separate.
Less of a problem outside than with internal flue joints, but still very
well worth getting right ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for this! I'll get stuck in.
Ta
David

Instructor's Solutions Manual and Test bank for Operations Management& Principles of Operations Management, 11/E Heizer & Render is now available [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 July 15th 15 03:25 AM
Vaillant plume management Allan UK diy 4 November 17th 12 12:59 AM
Get Property Management Software for Your Management Needs rafael Home Repair 1 November 15th 10 05:28 PM
New nom de plume for an oft contributor buerste Metalworking 44 October 16th 08 12:27 PM
Damage Likely from Boiler Plume? [email protected] UK diy 8 January 17th 07 03:50 PM