Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermal roller blinds

Looking on an online blinds retailer, and SWMBO is keen on the "thermal
blinds" on the basis that they might save cash, but I'd prefer (in the
same colour) the blackout blinds, as they, er, provide blackout which the
thermal ones don't seem to do.

Retailer sadly doesn't seem to have any data sheets on the different
materials.

Any guesstimates for effectiveness of thermal blinds vs blackout blinds as
a money / energy saving feature?

Cheers!

Matt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 12 September 2016 13:42:47 UTC+1, larkim wrote:

Looking on an online blinds retailer, and SWMBO is keen on the "thermal
blinds" on the basis that they might save cash, but I'd prefer (in the
same colour) the blackout blinds, as they, er, provide blackout which the
thermal ones don't seem to do.

Retailer sadly doesn't seem to have any data sheets on the different
materials.

Any guesstimates for effectiveness of thermal blinds vs blackout blinds as
a money / energy saving feature?

Cheers!

Matt

What info do they provide? If none that answers your question. Any blind can be described as thermal, they all reduce heat loss to some degree. Another way is to look closely at the blind - is it cloth or is there added air trapping bulk? But we don't have a pic to see.

NT