Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Waterproofing roller blinds

On Sunday, September 24, 2000 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, davidsmith1 wrote:
Not sure if it would work but a diluted mixture of PVA glue and water may do
the trick?

"Alan Shilling" wrote in message
| Has anyone any experience of waterproofing a cotton roller blind?
Apparently
| they can wrinkle if they get damp. We didn't like the colour of the
| waterproof blinds in the shop and have bought a standard cotton one for
the
| shower room. I intend to use some sort waterproofing fluid/spray on it,
but
| need advice as to what sort of stuff to use. Got some spray Fabsil which I
| use on my walking boots - would that be any good perchance?
|
| Alan Shilling

I have seen PVA used to stiffen cotton roller blinds. Regarding how waterproof it makes the fabric, I doubt it will be completely waterproof, and particularly over the long term. There could also be a problem with mould. These days there is a lot more choice when it comes to waterproof roller blinds.. They are manufactured from PVC or vinyl fabrics making them completely waterproof and you haven't got all the hassle of applying PVA to the fabric. There is a selection here that gives you an example of the designs available - http://www.englishblinds.co.uk/pvc-w...oller-blinds-c
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, September 24, 2000 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, davidsmith1 wrote:

^^^^

I think after 13+ years he might have lost interest!

--

TOJ.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 12:30:42 +0000, The Other John wrote:

On Sunday, September 24, 2000 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, davidsmith1 wrote:

^^^^

I think after 13+ years he might have lost interest!

Whilst remembering not to feed the Trolls or encourage desperate
advertisers, there does seem to be a recent spate of firms replying to
ancient posts with a plug for their product.

Given that Usenet is allegedly a dying medium, does this smack of
desperation?

Cheers

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2014 12:38, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Tue, 04 Mar 2014 12:30:42 +0000, The Other John wrote:

On Sunday, September 24, 2000 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, davidsmith1 wrote:

^^^^

I think after 13+ years he might have lost interest!

Whilst remembering not to feed the Trolls or encourage desperate
advertisers, there does seem to be a recent spate of firms replying to
ancient posts with a plug for their product.

All sent via Google groups as far as I can tell.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

2008?
Blimey.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Peter Collins" wrote in message
On Sunday, September 24, 2000 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, davidsmith1 wrote:
Not sure if it would work but a diluted mixture of PVA glue and water may
do
the trick?

"Alan Shilling" wrote in message
| Has anyone any experience of waterproofing a cotton roller blind?
Apparently
| they can wrinkle if they get damp. We didn't like the colour of the
| waterproof blinds in the shop and have bought a standard cotton one for
the
| shower room. I intend to use some sort waterproofing fluid/spray on it,
but
| need advice as to what sort of stuff to use. Got some spray Fabsil which
| use on my walking boots - would that be any good perchance?
|
| Alan Shilling

I have seen PVA used to stiffen cotton roller blinds. Regarding how
waterproof it makes the fabric, I doubt it will be completely waterproof,
and particularly over the long term. There could also be a problem with
mould. These days there is a lot more choice when it comes to waterproof
roller blinds. They are manufactured from PVC or vinyl fabrics making them
completely waterproof and you haven't got all the hassle of applying PVA to
the fabric. There is a selection here that gives you an example of the
designs available -
http://www.englishblinds.co.uk/pvc-w...oller-blinds-c

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 04/03/14 20:19, Brian Gaff wrote:
2008?
Blimey.
Brian

Worse Brian, it was Year Two Thousand, time Eight AM.

--
djc