Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is it okay to re-use this window, but rotated 90 degrees?

Hi friends,

The UPVC window in the link below is exactly the size I need. However, I'd like to install it so the opening part is side-hung rather than horizontally hung. In other words, I want to rotate it 90 degrees, so that the half-way divider is vertical. Apart from needing to drill new drain holes on the new 'bottom' edge of the frame, can anyone see any problem with this?

Many thanks,
Al
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Hi friends,

The UPVC window in the link below is exactly the size I need. However, I'd
like to install it so the opening part is side-hung rather than
horizontally hung. In other words, I want to rotate it 90 degrees, so that
the half-way divider is vertical. Apart from needing to drill new drain
holes on the new 'bottom' edge of the frame, can anyone see any problem
with this?

There is no link below.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 11 September 2016 18:56:19 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi friends,

The UPVC window in the link below is exactly the size I need. However, I'd like to install it so the opening part is side-hung rather than horizontally hung. In other words, I want to rotate it 90 degrees, so that the half-way divider is vertical. Apart from needing to drill new drain holes on the new 'bottom' edge of the frame, can anyone see any problem with this?

Many thanks,
Al

I have done exactly this ten years ago. No problems.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, September 11, 2016 at 8:07:22 PM UTC+1, Phil L wrote:

I can't see any problem with this.

Many thanks for the reassuring replies. Apologies for the 'missing link'! Here it is:
http://tinyurl.com/h8hv9h8

Al

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 11:49:10 AM UTC+1, rick wrote:

You may need to re-pack your sealed units ... to make sure they are

Good point. Thanks!
Al

Blacktop at 80 degrees micky Home Repair 17 October 13th 14 10:15 PM
45 degrees hinges jodleren Woodworking 3 March 29th 10 11:44 AM
40 degrees in Ohio Jerry - OHIO Home Repair 6 January 16th 10 02:06 AM
Using a joiner at 45 degrees Keith Woodworking 5 March 25th 05 11:26 PM
Color fog over picture changes when monitor is rotated R.J. Hemme Electronics Repair 7 July 29th 04 07:05 AM