Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Is it okay to re-use this window, but rotated 90 degrees?

On Sunday, 11 September 2016 18:56:19 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi friends,

The UPVC window in the link below is exactly the size I need. However, I'd like to install it so the opening part is side-hung rather than horizontally hung. In other words, I want to rotate it 90 degrees, so that the half-way divider is vertical. Apart from needing to drill new drain holes on the new 'bottom' edge of the frame, can anyone see any problem with this?

Many thanks,
Al

I have done exactly this ten years ago. No problems.