Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default Cleaning a wall

The previous owners seem to have liked ivy covered walls. I don't, so
what is the best way to remove the mess left behind:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08...ew?usp=sharing

Picking it off strand by strand will be a lot of work, a scraper will
probably do on the brickwork but the render looks more challenging.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DJC wrote:

The previous owners seem to have liked ivy covered walls. I don't, so
what is the best way to remove the mess left behind:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08...ew?usp=sharing

Picking it off strand by strand will be a lot of work, a scraper will
probably do on the brickwork but the render looks more challenging.

Blast it off with a pressure washer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 September 2016 21:40:30 UTC+1, DJC wrote:

The previous owners seem to have liked ivy covered walls. I don't, so
what is the best way to remove the mess left behind:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08...ew?usp=sharing

Picking it off strand by strand will be a lot of work, a scraper will
probably do on the brickwork but the render looks more challenging.

Dead ivy removes itself. It takes a couple of years. A scraper on brickwork is not a great idea.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/16 21:44, Bob Minchin wrote:
DJC wrote:

The previous owners seem to have liked ivy covered walls. I don't, so
what is the best way to remove the mess left behind:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08...ew?usp=sharing

Picking it off strand by strand will be a lot of work, a scraper will
probably do on the brickwork but the render looks more challenging.

Blast it off with a pressure washer

IME it will eventually dry and fall off.

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2016 21:44, Bob Minchin wrote:
DJC wrote:

The previous owners seem to have liked ivy covered walls. I don't, so
what is the best way to remove the mess left behind:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08...ew?usp=sharing

Picking it off strand by strand will be a lot of work, a scraper will
probably do on the brickwork but the render looks more challenging.

Blast it off with a pressure washer

+1 I've done it, works a treat.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , alan_m
writes
On 05/09/2016 21:16, DJC wrote:

Picking it off strand by strand will be a lot of work, a scraper will
probably do on the brickwork but the render looks more challenging.

Paint it white.

Paint it black, Shirley? :-)

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

IME it will eventually dry and fall off.

I've tried that. Two years later it's still there. How much longer
should I wait before buying a pressure washer?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

DJC wrote:

The previous owners seem to have liked ivy covered walls. I don't, so
what is the best way to remove the mess left behind:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B08...ew?usp=sharing

Picking it off strand by strand will be a lot of work, a scraper will
probably do on the brickwork but the render looks more challenging.

Blast it off with a pressure washer

+1 I've done it, works a treat.

Oh good, I was just waiting for the justification for one. Is this one
good enough? Nilfisk E 140.3-9