Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting disc expiry date

I bought a pack of five Erbauer metal cutting discs from Screwfix about
18 months ago. Three were used and the rest stored. I needed to use them
again yesterday, but noted on the metal centre of the disk "Validity
2016/05" (see similar example he
http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-cu...-5-pack/25363).

I'd not noticed this before, and as far as I can tell there is nothing
in the DIY Wiki about it at
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/...#Cutting_Discs

However, at
http://www.toolstop.co.uk/abracs-cut...toolstop-a1504
about halfway down it states "In addition to this, you'll see the expiry
date embossed on the centre ring. This gives you the needed info on
whether the disc is still safe to use or not."

I still used the disc I had and it was fine, but does anyone here have
experience of a disc that disintegrated when used after its expiry date?

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2016 18:42, Jeff Layman wrote:
[...]

There can certainly be a problem with discs that are not stored properly
- especially if they have got damp.

Some seem to have expiry dates on them and others not - so not sure how
much of a problem it is.

(I recall one post here some years ago where someone had a disc explode
on them in use, and ended up with a gashed hand)

--
Cheers,

John.