Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where would we be without rules?

Call from a customer who wanted some CD racks assembled. They were made
in France.

She'd read the instructions and was concerned that the 'fischers' were
missing.

Quick read of the badly translated instructions revealed that the
'fischers' weren't included.

Eventually worked out that the 'fischers' were wall plugs! Logical I
suppose, we would maybe call them Rawl Plugs. In Europe Fischer Fixing
are the brand leader.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 16 August 2016 19:52:50 UTC+1, David Lang wrote:
Quick read of the badly translated instructions revealed that the
'fischers' weren't included.
Eventually worked out that the 'fischers' were wall plugs!

Hence the parable about the loads and fischers.

Owain

New rules: [email protected] Home Repair 2 September 6th 12 01:10 PM
Calibrating rules [email protected] Woodworking 5 April 22nd 10 05:36 AM
MLB Bat Rules Tom Watson Woodworking 24 April 17th 06 04:08 PM
Forrest Rules! Leon Woodworking 1 April 1st 06 02:22 PM
Forrest Rules! Enoch Root Woodworking 3 April 1st 06 01:38 AM