Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default mystery plant

This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:
This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill

Euphorbia springs to mind...

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/16 17:47, Tim+ wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill

Euphorbia springs to mind...

Tim

spot on I think

http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/caper-spurge

--
€œBut what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!€

Mary Wollstonecraft
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/16 17:47, Tim+ wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill

Euphorbia springs to mind...

Tim

spot on I think

http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/caper-spurge

Thank you gentlemen! Some of those here were sceptical when I said I
could find out almost instantly by consulting the group. Anyway I've
removed the plant. I wonder where it came from.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:
This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill

That there be poisonous.

All parts including seeds and roots are toxic. Handling the plant can cause
severe irritation, ingestion will cause a serious dose of the ****s.

Prolonged or regular contact with the skin isn't a good idea neither
considering it can be carcinogenic.

The seed pods will cause an abortion in pregnant women if ingested.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 7 August 2016 18:15:23 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
I wonder where it came from.

No suspicious activity on the CCTV?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Phil L" wrote in message
news
Bill Wright wrote:
This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill

That there be poisonous.

All parts including seeds and roots are toxic. Handling the plant can
cause severe irritation, ingestion will cause a serious dose of the ****s.

Prolonged or regular contact with the skin isn't a good idea neither
considering it can be carcinogenic.

The seed pods will cause an abortion in pregnant women if ingested.

Cheaper than coat hangers then?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Somebody once said that weeds are infact just plants growing in the wrong
place.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim+" wrote in message
Bill Wright wrote:
This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill

Euphorbia springs to mind...

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-08-07, Phil L wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill

That there be poisonous.

All parts including seeds and roots are toxic. Handling the plant can cause
severe irritation, ingestion will cause a serious dose of the ****s.

Prolonged or regular contact with the skin isn't a good idea neither
considering it can be carcinogenic.

The seed pods will cause an abortion in pregnant women if ingested.

Yes, yes, but what is it?

Same as it was when I identified it two and a half hours ago.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/08/16 18:15, Bill Wright wrote:
On 07/08/16 17:47, Tim+ wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0249.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4/IMG_0250.JPG

Bill

Euphorbia springs to mind...

Tim

spot on I think

http://www.naturespot.org.uk/species/caper-spurge

Thank you gentlemen! Some of those here were sceptical when I said I
could find out almost instantly by consulting the group. Anyway I've
removed the plant. I wonder where it came from.

Bill

Its a weed and its seeds get everywhere.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes

The seed pods will cause an abortion in pregnant women if ingested.

Cheaper than coat hangers then?

Or gin. Poor cow.
--
Graeme