Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone here got a Bosch Rotak 40 mower?

Hi All,

Trying to help an elderly couple with their 'Bosch Rotak 40' mains
mower where the sprung loaded top flap has become unsprung:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5772409/Rotak40.jpg

Now it looks like that spring should have an arm that goes though that
slot on the flap just under the spring itself and onto the body
somewhere and looking at that picture again I think the spring has
been put back on the wrong way round (eg, the lower bent arm should be
on the left and the right / vertical part of the spring that attaches
to the flap would be more vertical).

(Thinks) It now makes sense ... the spring came off, she found it on
the lawn and put it somewhere safe in the shed but couldn't see it
when she went to show me earlier. I couldn't see where another spring
would go and 'of course' it's 'the' spring that someone has tried to
put back on.

Now looking on the parts diagrams it looks like the spring is supposed
to be straight (the arms at 180 Degrees from each other) and I guess
there is a slot for the lower half of the spring to slot into?

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/parts/brands/bosch/lawnmowers/rotak%2040%20gc%20(3600h81c73)/closing-spring/502117.htm

So, does anyone have such a beast who can confirm my thoughts re the
correct fitment above and have you had similar problems with yours?

Cheers, T i m

ZTR mower Steve B[_13_] Home Repair 3 August 2nd 12 11:09 AM
Random orbit sanders - green Bosch PEX400 vs blue Bosch GEX 125? Andy Dingley UK diy 4 January 12th 08 08:56 PM
Mower dealer said do not wash mower rogerfisher Home Repair 37 June 30th 07 09:54 PM
Scag mower vs Kubota mower. Thoughts? rogerfisher Home Repair 6 June 17th 07 01:54 PM
Buy new mower [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 9th 06 03:11 AM