Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Scag mower vs Kubota mower. Thoughts?

We have been looking at purchasing a new lawn mower. These are the 2

Scag Wildcat - Sale price $7800. Gas power engine, 27 horse, 61 inch cut
Kubota - Sale price $10,100. Diesel engine, 26 horse, 60 inch cut

Both have features that we like. Both are zero turn mowers with deck under
mower.

We would appreciate thoughts, experiences, etc. Please advise.

Thanks!

Roger

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

rogerfisher wrote:
We have been looking at purchasing a new lawn mower. These are the 2

Scag Wildcat - Sale price $7800. Gas power engine, 27 horse, 61 inch cut
Kubota - Sale price $10,100. Diesel engine, 26 horse, 60 inch cut

For that hp, I'd go diesel route...

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

What, no Craftsman?? You probably can't go wrong with either machine. I
have a small Kubota diesel, and I love it. The engine just purrs like a
kitten

"rogerfisher" wrote in message
We have been looking at purchasing a new lawn mower. These are the 2

Scag Wildcat - Sale price $7800. Gas power engine, 27 horse, 61 inch cut
Kubota - Sale price $10,100. Diesel engine, 26 horse, 60 inch cut

Both have features that we like. Both are zero turn mowers with deck
under
mower.

We would appreciate thoughts, experiences, etc. Please advise.

Thanks!

Roger

Posted to alt.home.repair

rogerfisher wrote:
We have been looking at purchasing a new lawn mower. These are the 2

Scag Wildcat - Sale price $7800. Gas power engine, 27 horse, 61 inch cut
Kubota - Sale price $10,100. Diesel engine, 26 horse, 60 inch cut

Both have features that we like. Both are zero turn mowers with deck under
mower.

We would appreciate thoughts, experiences, etc. Please advise.

Thanks!

Roger

I have the Skag Wildcat. Great mower! I mow about 2 acres, with a
combination of slopes, many trees & flower beds, some smooth ground, and
some very rough ground. The Wildcat handles it all beautifully.
It is built like a tank. I have no concerns whatsoever about bumping
over the rough areas, and the seat is very comfortable. Deck height
adjustments are quick & easy with the foot pedal lifter & easily reached
height setting pin. The engine always fires up immediately. It never
bogs down, even when mowing through some pretty thick 'field grass'
areas at the back of my lot. I've had it a little over 2 years now, and
have never seen even 1 drop of oil on the garage floor where I park it.
All in all, a great machine.
Mine has the Advantage deck. I hear newer models come with some kind of
new & improved deck, but I don't know detail.
For lots of opinions from people who make their living with mowers,
check out lawnsite.com. Mower comparison threads are quite common on the
site. A search for "Wildcat" on the site gets 380 results:
http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?s...=1887942&pp=25

One last note. A good comfortable pair of ear muffs are a must. It is
pretty noisy. I like these:
http://www.peltor.com/peltor.com/non...d_num= H7A001

Posted to alt.home.repair

have the scag turf tiger 25hp kohler, have worked on the
kabota zero with deisel. would love to have the deisel . if you only mow
an hour a week though, i cant justify a deisel engine. lucas

Buy new mower [email protected] Home Repair 6 July 9th 06 03:11 AM
help me help my mower!! [email protected] Home Repair 10 June 15th 06 12:52 PM
Mower trouble? Airkings Home Repair 5 June 7th 06 12:27 PM
snapper mower gg Home Repair 0 June 27th 05 01:17 AM
Electric Mower? Any thoughts? R. Guzman Home Repair 19 August 18th 04 06:24 AM